The Zoom H2n Handy Recorder is the first and only portable audio recorder with five studio-quality microphones onboard. This design enables the H2n to offer four unique recording modes: Mid-Side (MS) stereo, a technique used for many years in film and broadcast, 90° X/Y stereo, 2-channel and 4-channel surround sound. With its newly designed user interface, 1.8-inch backlit LCD display for crystal-clear monitoring and built-in reference speaker that allows you to playback recordings on the spot, the H2n is remarkably easy to use in any application.
Further enhancing its flexibility and convenience, the H2n provides over 20 hours of continuous operation on just two standard AA alkaline batteries. In addition, the H2n features a new data recovery function and a High-Speed USB 2.0 interface. You can even use the H2n as a USB microphone and record directly to your computer.
No matter the application, the H2n brings the very best in stereo recording to a convenient, user-friendly package that fits in your pocket.
- Five built-in mic capsules provide Mid-Side (MS) stereo, 90° X/Y stereo, 2-channel and 4-channel recording modes
- Records in WAV up to 24-bit/96kHz and MP3 up to 320kbps
- Newly designed user interface
- Additional functions include Lo-cut Filter, Compressor/Limiter, Auto Gain, Pre-Rec, Auto-Rec, Tuner, Metronome, Variable Speed Playback, Key Control, A-B Repeat, File Dividing, Normalize, MP3 Post-Encode, Marker and Surround Mixer
- Data recovery function protects against unexpected recording errors
- Over 20 hours of operation using two standard AA batteries
- Operates on battery, AC or USB bus power
- 1.8-inch backlit LCD display with 128 x 64 resolution
- Analog-type Mic Gain wheel
- Built-in reference speaker
- High-speed USB 2.0 card reader function
- 1/8-inch Mic/Line Input and Phones/Line Output stereo phone jacks
- Accommodates up to 32GB SDHC memory cards
- Includes Steinberg WaveLab LE 7 editing software, 2GB SD memory card and two AA batteries
- Optional accessory package (APH-2n) includes remote control with extension cable, windscreen, AC adapter (USB type), USB cable, adjustable tripod stand, padded-shell case and a mic clip adapter.
“A lot of musicians are going to be knocked-out when they use this device, but we're really interested in seeing the response from the film and broadcast industries,” says Scott Goodman, President of Samson. “Mid-Side miking has been used in those industries since the '80s, but it's never been available in a handheld recorder.”
Price and Availability
The Zoom H2n Handy Recorder will be available September 2011 for $199.