Yamaha YHT-899U, 799U, 699U, 599U, 399U Home Theater Systems
Yamaha just introduced five new 5.1-channel home theater in a box (HTiB) systems priced from $449.95 to $849.95. The YHT-899U (pictured top), YHT-799U, YHT-699U and YHT-599U networked home theater systems include Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL), which enables full HD video and audio playback from MHL-compatible mobile phones and portable devices, AirPlay, Pandora music streaming service compatibility, vTuner Internet radio, as well as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support. The Yamaha AV Controller App for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire devices provides seamless system control and access to content stored on popular portable devices. The YHT-399U is a non-networked home theater system.
Each of the systems offers 4K and 3D video pass-through with Audio Return Channel, as well as front panel USB ports for direct connectivity to iPhone, iPod and iPad devices, as well as USB drives. Each system provides enveloping home entertainment experiences with Yamaha’s proprietary CINEMA DSP 3D, five high-performance speakers and a powerful 100 W subwoofer. The network systems’ Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support is made possible by the optional Yamaha YWA-10 Wi-Fi ($99.95) and YBA-11 Bluetooth wireless ($69.95) accessories.
All of the new systems offer a full complement of HD Audio format decoding, including Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio. CINEMA DSP 3D (YHT-899U, YHT-799U, YHT-699U and YHT-599U) and CINEMA DSP (YHT-399U), with 17 DSP programs, enable users to adjust the listening experience precisely to their preferences. SILENT CINEMA makes it possible to hear large-scale surround sound through headphones.
For easy system operation while viewing movies or television, the systems offer advanced multi-language on-screen displays that overlay onto HD and 3D video signals to depict system control and setup prompts. Data from connected iPad, iPhone, iPod devices or USB drives (such as song titles) are shown on the receivers’ attractive on-screen displays. Connected devices charge automatically for later use on the go.
Yamaha’s proprietary YPAO system calibration feature accurately measures rooms for speaker placement and sound optimization. Four SCENE mode buttons automatically power on the appropriate components and make system adjustments for specific entertainment options.
ECO mode reduces the system’s power consumption by 20 percent, with extremely low power consumption in standby mode and Auto Power Down that can be set for two, four, eight or 12 hours.
All systems provide five speakers, with 2-way drivers for high power input capacity, and 100 W subwoofers. Other notable speaker features for these systems include:
- The YHT-899U ($849.95) features a 5-channel wood construction speaker package with two high volume tower front channel speakers, a compact center channel speaker, and two bookshelf/wall-mountable rear speakers;
- The YHT-799U ($799.95) features a 5-channel wood construction speaker package with five trapezoidal shaped equal voice matched speakers;
- The YHT-699U ($749.95) features a striking black gloss finished 5-channel speaker package with dramatic floor standing tower front speakers, a compact center channel speaker and two bookshelf/wall-mountable rear speakers;
- The YHT-599U ($649.95) features a compact black gloss 5-channel speaker package with bookshelf/wall-mountable front and rear channel speakers;
- The YHT-399U ($449.95) features an ultra-compact 5-channel speaker package with a small center channel speaker and four bookshelf/wall-mountable front and rear speakers.