Yamaha introduced two affordable RX-V series network A/V receivers which feature the same 80-watt per channel amplifiers, front panel and feature sets in either a 7.1-channel (RX-V573) or 5.1 (RX-V473) configuration.
Both receivers provide AirPlay compatibility with Apple iOS devices, direct connectivity to iPads, iPhones and iPods, as well as the company's proprietary YPAO system calibration. System control has been made more convenient throughout the line via the recently updated Yamaha AV controller app, which include native iPad and tablet versions, for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire devices. Providing wide access to content from virtually any source, these network receivers also deliver audio from Internet radio and DLNA-certified devices.
The improved Yamaha AV controller app for iOS and Android devices provides a portrait or landscape mode user interface for easy visibility on smart phones or tablets. The app's interface can also be customized, enabling control icons to be rearranged and background wallpaper designs to be imported.
Each future proof model in the RX-V series provides 4K video pass-through from yet-to-be-introduced source components that will deliver content with four times the resolution of 1080p. All models also provide 3D video pass-through with Audio Return Channel (ARC).
The RX-V573 has seven discreet assignable amplifiers that enable a home entertainment system to deliver 7-channel surround sound in one zone, to bi-amp and double power to main speakers, or to provide audio to Zone B. The RX-V573 also has a Virtual Presence Speaker function for achieving full CINEMA DSP 3D surround without front presence speakers.
The RX-V573 and RX-V473 both have advanced multi-language on-screen displays that overlay onto HD and 3D video signals to depict system control and setup prompts. Data, such as song titles, from connected iPods, iPhones, iPods or USB drives is shown on the receivers' attractive on-screen displays. Connected iPods, iPhones and iPads will also charge automatically for later use on the go.
All models in the RX-V series offer a full complement of HD Audio format decoding, including Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio. Yamaha will announce additional models in the popular RX-V series later this month.
RX-V series Features:
- ECO Mode that reduces the model's power consumption by 20 percent. The model has extremely low power consumption in standby mode and Auto Power Down can be set for 2, 4, 8 or 12 hours;
- YPAO system calibration that ensures more accurate room measurements by confirming the subwoofer is fully responding before making audio adjustments;
- A subwoofer level adjustment that enables listeners to increase the bass without disturbing the system's crossover point. The result is that vocals and high frequency sounds do not end up “boomy” or “muddy” from being misdirected through the subwoofer;
- A High speed HDMI switching function that remembers the settings of all connected sources, eliminating the time it normally takes to adjust to each when they are selected;
- Four convenient SCENE Mode buttons that automatically power on the appropriate components and make system adjustments for specific entertainment options.
All models in the RX-V series offer a full suite of proprietary audio features that provide users flexibility and control in setting up the best possible audio experiences. CINEMA DSP 3D, with 17 DSP programs, enables users to adjust the listening experience precisely to their preferences. SILENT CINEMA makes it possible to hear large-scale surround sound through ordinary headphones. Virtual CINEMA DSP lets consumers enjoy the effects of CINEMA DSP surround sound without using surround speakers. It can be used with the front/center/presence speakers or even with two front left and right speakers. Yamaha's proprietary Compressed Music Enhancer technology with CINEMA DSP restores lost detail in compressed music files, providing a natural sounding listening experience when enjoying your favorite music from an iPod, iPhone or other compressed music source.
Price and Availability
Yamaha RX-V573 (7.1-channel) A/V Receiver → $549.95
Yamaha RX-V473 (5.1-channel) A/V Receiver → $449.95
Yamaha RX-V373 (5.1-channel) A/V Recevier → $249.95 (announced a month earlier)