Yamaha introduced the entry-level RX-V373 5.1 channel A/V receiver that provides high audio/video quality with HD audio decoding, four HDMI inputs with 4K pass-through, 3D, and popular features like front panel USB for iPod/iPhone, Multi language color OSD and ECO mode.
Yamaha also adds its proprietary YPAO system that ensures the easy calibration of an audio system to optimize the listening experience. To future-proof consumers, the RX-V373 also provides 4K video pass-through from yet-to-be-introduced source components, which will provide four times the resolution of 1080p to compatible displays. The entry-level unit also offers HDMI (4 in/1 out) with 3D and Audio Return Channel to support the very latest high definition audio and video formats.
The RX-V373's direct digital USB connection to iPods and iPhones provides superior sound quality. Song titles, as well as system control and setup prompts, are shown on the receiver's attractive on-screen multi-language display that overlays onto HD and 3D video signals. The port will also charge connected iPods and iPhones.
- ECO Mode that reduces the model's power consumption by 20 percent. The model has extremely low power consumption in standby mode and Auto Power Down can be set for 2, 4, 8 or 12 hours;
- YPAO system calibration that ensures more accurate room measurements by confirming the subwoofer is fully responding before making audio adjustments;
- A subwoofer level adjustment that enables listeners to increase the bass without disturbing the system's crossover point. The result is that vocals and high frequency sounds do not end up “boomy” or “muddy” from being misdirected through the subwoofer;
- A High speed HDMI switching function that remembers the settings of all connected sources, eliminating the time it normally takes to adjust to each when they are selected;
- Four convenient SCENE Mode buttons that automatically power on the appropriate components and make system adjustments for specific entertainment options.
- HD Audio format decoding: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
- 100-watt x 5-channel powerful surround sound with high dynamic power, low-impedance drive capability
- 192 kHz/24-bit Burr Brown DACs for all channels
A full suite of proprietary audio features gives users flexibility and control in setting up the best possible audio experiences. Cinema DSP, with 17 DSP programs, enables users to adjust the listening experience precisely to their preferences. SILENT CINEMA makes it possible to hear large-scale surround sound through ordinary headphones. Virtual CINEMA DSP lets consumers enjoy the effects of CINEMA DSP surround sound without using surround speakers. It can be used with the front / center / presence speakers or even with two front left and right speakers. Yamaha's proprietary Compressed Music Enhancer technology restores lost detail in compressed music files, providing a natural sounding listening experience when enjoying your favorite music from an iPod, iPhone or other compressed music source.
Price and Availability
The Yamaha RX-V373 is now shipping for $299.95. Additional receivers from the RX-V (73) A/V receiver line will be announced later this month.