Yamaha just introduced the R-S201, an affordable 2-channel receiver featuring a high sound quality circuit design that minimizes the length of signal routes and optimizes the circuit layout, along with 100 watts per channel of amplification.
The R-S201 employs Yamaha’s Natural Sound concept that embodies scrupulous care in circuit design and overall construction. This approach effectively reproduces all genres of music as it was recorded by the artists in the studio or on the stage.
Maintaining the look and feel of a traditional audiophile component, the R-S201 has a simple, yet sophisticated design. Its elegant hairline finish and uncluttered positioning of knobs and buttons harmonize beautifully with other Hi-Fi equipment.
The R-S201 has 40 station FM/AM tuning, a speaker selector and speaker terminals to supply audio to two rooms, an easy-to-use remote control and a headphone terminal for private listening.
“The R-S201 is designed to reintroduce the Hi-Fi audio concept to a wider audience that is listening to compressed music files on mobile devices for convenience,” said Bob Goedken, general manager, Yamaha Corporation of America, AV Division. “While portability has its benefits, the R-S201 is for those who want to really connect with their favorite artists, perhaps via lossless music files, when listening in their homes.”
Price and Availability
The Yamaha R-S201 Stereo Receiver is available now for $179.95
- Maximum Power(4 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.7% THD): 140 W + 140W
- Maximum Power (8 ohms, 1kHz, 10% THD): 100 W + 100 W
- High Dynamic Power/Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 125 W / 150 W / 165 W / 180 W
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz – 100 kHz (0 ± 0.5 dB / 0 ± 3.0 dB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (CD to Sp Out, 20 Hz-20kHz): 0.2%
- Signal-to-Noise Radio (CD): 100 dB (S: 500 mV)
- Input Sensitivity (CD): 500 mV / 47 kilohms
- FM 50dB Quieting Sensitivity (IHF, 1 kHz, 100% Mod., Mono): 3 μV (20.8 dBf)
- FM Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo): 72 dB / 70 dB
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.5 W
- Dimensions: (W x H x D) 17-1/8” x 5-1/2” x 12-5/8”
- Weight: 14.8 lbs.