It wasn’t the most germane back-and-forth during a Senate panel’s grilling of...
Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010, A2010, A1010, A810, A710 A/V Receivers
- RX-A710 (90W x 7) → $649.95
- RX-A810 (100W x 7) → $849.95
- RX-A1010 (110W x 7) → $1,099.95
- RX-A2010 (140W x 9) → $1,599.95
- RX-A3010 (150W x 9) → $1,999.95
Every model in the new line includes expanded network set up and control capabilities, convenient front panel direct USB digital connections for iPhone/iPad, as well as iPhone A/V system control app compatibility. Only select models last year had these features.
Yamaha's proprietary Cinema DSP 3D audio processing complements 3D television technology and provides extra height dimension to allow more engaging 3D video, through the use of the industry's only 3D Virtual Presence technology. This technology eliminates the need for extra front presence speakers.
The RX-A3010 and RX-A2010 enable the integration of front virtual presence speakers in a single zone or stereo audio in an additional zone. Plus both incorporate HQV high-class “VHD1900″ video processing chipset to ensure peak HD and SD video performance. The RX-A3010 also offers Yamaha's proprietary CINEMA DSP HD3 that expands the sound field vertically for the most realistic surround sound available in a home theater receiver.
The top three units (RX-A1010, RX-A2010, RX-A3010) feature dual HDMI (Zone B output capability) for convenient dual HDTV viewing for the main room and in a secondary room simultaneously via the main AV system's HDMI sources. In addition the top three receivers also provide 12 pre-set system operations, instead of 4 offered in the lowest end models.
Key features across the entire AVENTAGE line include:
- Compressed Music Enhancer
- Low Jitter PLL Circuitry
- HDMI V.1.4a 3D Pass-through with ARC (Audio Return Channel)
- Analog-to-HDMI 1080p video upscaling with precise deinterlacing
- Deep Color (30/36 bit) technology, x.v.Color
- 24Hz Refresh Rates
- Audio input assign capability for HDMI and component video inputs
- Auto Lip-Sync compensation
- Full HD Audio decoding (Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio)
- DLNA (1.5) compatibility and Windows 7 certification
- Web set up manager software included
- Front panel direct USB digital connections for iPhone/iPod/iPad
- Front panel HDMI input
- Yamaha proprietary YPAO room optimizer
- Yamaha proprietary Cinema DSP 3D audio processing
- Eco-friendly with low standby power consumption (0.3W and 2.7W in HDMI standby through mode) and auto power down function with variable time setting.
- Includes learning and preset remote controls
- Stream Internet Radio (MP3/WMA), Rhapsody and Sirius
- Compatible with optional YDS-12 or YID-W10 wireless yAired dock
- Compatible with optional YBA-10 Bluetooth Wireless Audio Receiver
The RX-A2010 and RX-A3010 add these features:
- HQV high-class “VHD1900″ video processing
- Reflected Sound Control (RSC) sound optimization with multi-point (speaker height and directivity) measurement
- DSP Effect Normalization
- Room Acoustic Echo and reflection control
- GUI Remote with song/station select, album cover art display, zone tone and balance controls and short messages — as well as separate second zone control units
The RX-A3010 only has these features:
- Yamaha proprietary CINEMA DSP HD3
See a complete model comparison here.
The substantial high-end look and feel of these models go far beyond esthetics, to deliver unprecedented sound quality in their price category. The specially designed signature 5th foot at the bottom of each model improves structural rigidity, which reduces vibration that can cause distortion and audibly improves sound quality. Yamaha also incorporated double-bottom construction on select models to improve peak performance at any volume level. The innovative design also provides immediate thermal feedback to the units' transistors to eliminate harmonic distortion over the course of operation. All components, including wires, fuses and electrical paths, were rethought and redesigned to create works of visual and acoustic art for the home.