Yamaha announced the A-S500 integrated amplifier and T-S500 matching tuner hi-fi components. With 85 watts per channel output, dual aluminum extruded heat sinks and the highest-quality parts, the A-S500 is a work of audio technology art. Yamaha's Pure Direct technology enables signal to travel the shortest possible route, bypassing non-essential circuitry and tone controls for the purest reproduction of sound. With a full array of digital AM/FM tuning capabilities and features, the optional T-S500 tuner is an excellent addition to the A-S500.
A-S500 Integrated Amplifier – $449.95 (Available End of October)
The A-S500 is designed for superb musical expression with high performance, outstanding power and sound quality combining ToP-ART technology and ART Base chassis construction with gold–plated speaker terminals and dual aluminum heat sinks and a Center Bar for crisp, clean sound. Advanced features include continuously variable loudness control, Pure Direct, along with Yamaha iPod dock connection, for endless music enjoyment options.
- Dual aluminum-extruded heat sinks ensure effective heat dissipation and help achieve crisp, clean sound.
- Gold-plated speaker terminals and RCA in/out jacks are durable and provide highest quality connections.
- Center bar reinforces the internal structure to further prevent vibration from affecting the sound quality.
- Pure Direct uses the shortest signal route for higher sound purity with low noise and transmission losses.
- Yamaha's exclusive Continuously Variable Loudness Control for listening at low volumes.
- The built-in iPod Dock has an independent power supply for extremely high S/N ratio.
- 85W x 2 high power output
- ToP-ART (Total Performance Anti-Resonance Technology)
- Aluminum-extruded front panel
- Subwoofer out
- Speaker A, B or A+B selection
- Rec Out selector
- Power management (Auto power off)
- Slim-design remote control
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8″ x 6″ x 15-1/4″
T-S500 AM/FM Stereo Tuner – $299.95 (Available End of October)
A user-friendly tuner that provides convenient tuning functions and a high visibility, two-line display. Uses Yamaha's new HiFi component design that matches the A-S500 Integrated Amplifier.
- 40-station AM/FM preset tuning
- All 40 stations can be accessed with two turns of the rotary encoder knob, after which it stops. Favorite stations can be set at either end for greater convenience.
- Auto FM Station Memory
- Automatically presets the 40 strongest FM stations on the dial so you don't have to select and preset them manually.
- Multi-Status Station Memory
- Thanks to Multi-Status Station Memory, each station memory includes the parameters set when it was memorized, for optimum quality each time it is selected.
- 2-line, 16-character (5×7 dot matrix) display
- This high and wide display offers better visibility than previous types (1-line, 11-character displays). It provides a larger amount of more precise information, making the tuning operation easier.
- Auto search and manual tuning
- IR Sensor on Front Panel
- Allows the remote control from Yamaha Integrated Amplifiers (including the A-S500) to control the tuner