Xplore Technologies today announced their first rugged Android tablet called RangerX. The lightweight 10.1-inch tablet provides the largest storage capacity on the market (up to 192GB), has a brilliant outdoor viewable display and is certified as being fully rugged, holding both IP65 and MIL-STD 810G ratings. It is also the only rugged Android tablet to provide an optional integrated module with Gigabit Ethernet and HDMI-In connections, making it ideal for satellite, cable, broadband and telecommunication providers.
The RangerX is 2.2 pounds, and looks and feels more like a contemporary tablet than a traditional rugged device. The tablet has a battery life up to 10 hours to maximize time in the field and boost productivity, which allows for a full working shift on one charge. In addition, the tablet’s vibrant outdoor viewable, multi-touch display allows for seamless transition from indoors to outdoors.
- Rugged for any Extreme Environment: Waterproof and dustproof (IP65) and designed to survive real world conditions (MIL-STD 810G)
- Lightweight Platform: 2.2 pounds with a 10 hour battery life
- Powerful Performance: Dual Core ARM Cortex A9 Processor, 32GB of storage (expandable to 192GB) and Google Android 4.0.4
- Full Communications Suite: Bluetooth 4.0.4, GPS and Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- Brilliant Display: IPS 1366 x 768 resolution and a multi-touch screen
- Expansive Inputs/Outputs: 5MP Rear and 1.2MP 720P Front Cameras, HDMI-Out, USB ports, RFID reader and more
- Versatile for any Industry
The RangerX is fully optimized with features designed for all environments, including:
- Telecommunications and Cable: Optional HDMI-In and RJ-45 features allow telecommunications and cable workers to consolidate all equipment into a single device—an industry first.
- Warehousing, Logistics, etc.: Integrated RFID and NFC capabilities come standard in the RangerX, increasing operational efficiency and accuracy in distribution centers, warehousing, logistics and transportation industries. In addition, the RangerX is compatible with all major Bluetooth and USB barcode scanners.
- Military: The common access card (CAC) reader option and FIPS 140-2 compliancy provides the most secure rugged experience for government and military operations.
Price and Availability
The Xplore Technologies RangerX is now available starting at $1,349, with a standard three-year warranty.