Westone announced the UM Pro Series 50 in-ear professional headphones, which feature five balanced armature drivers per unit, delivering reference level sound and isolation for the stage or studio. These headphones are the first UM series signature models, and each unit is individually handcrafted in Colorado Springs, USA.
The UM Pro 50 combines five balanced armature drivers with a sophisticated three-way passive crossover network, providing enhanced sonic detail and a frequency range that extend well beyond typical in-ear solutions. Like every UM Pro Series model, the UM Pro 50 features Westone’s robust EPIC replaceable cable, constructed of high-flex, ultra-low resistance tensile wire reinforced with a special aramid fiber, and braided for ultimate durability, acoustic transparency, and isolation from mechanical cable noise. The new audiophile connector makes this cable solution conveniently user-removable, upgradeable and replaceable with a number of new and current Westone cable solutions.
With Westone True-Fit technology, Westone says these earphones deliver maximum comfort and in-ear coupling for dynamic music monitoring. Each UM Pro 50 is meticulously built by a staff of dedicated artisans and lab technicians who ensure that every set of in-ear monitors exemplify the best in sound and fit available on the market today.
- Designed with five balanced armature drivers and a three-way crossover, the UM Pro 50 is the pinnacle of design, comfort and fidelity.
- Sensitivity: 115dB @ 1 mW
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Impedance: 45 ohms @ 1 kHz
- EPIC replaceable cable with Up & Over cable routing helps prevent microphonics and keeps the earphone securely in place.
- Patented STAR and True-Fit Tips come in multiple sizes and give a personalized fit ensuring the best comfort.
- New audiophile connector guarantees interoperability with Westone’s reflective Adventure Series Alpha (ADV) MFI cable, Android cable, and W-Series MFi cable.
- Compatible with Westone’s UM56 Custom Adapters, the perfect fit for a universal earphone. (Ear impressions are required. Additional charge: $149.00 silicone.)
“UM Pro 50 is the first product in our Signature Series that comprises the best of all the Westone products that we build. The UM Pro 50 features the most advanced drivers that we craft right now and are designed to be a great alternative to our ES5 customs,” said John F. Lowrey, Vice President, Audio Group at Westone. “These are by far the best UM Series we have built with unmatched sound performance and great detail that musicians will love. Pure music defined.”
Price and Availability
The Westone UM Pro 50 in-ear headphones will be available for $699.99.