Western Digital introduced the My Book Studio Edition II dual-drive storage system with a massive 6 terabytes (TB) of storage, formatted for Macs. The new capacity provides users 33 percent more storage than the previous capacity, while maintaining the same footprint.
Combining its extended 6TB storage capacity (2 x 3TB) and compatibility with Apple Time Machine, the new My Book Studio Edition II drive becomes an instant storage solution for a variety of professions including art and design, photography, legal and medical, and a host of other small businesses.
The system offers a quad interface providing maximum performance and flexibility including eSATA and FireWire 800 when maximum performance is essential, and FireWire 400 and USB 2.0 when system flexibility is most important.
Extra-fast Performance and RAID Supported Configurations
Fast eSATA or FireWire 800 interfaces, combined with RAID-supported configurations, will yield the speed and responsiveness users need for a variety of tasks including fast, smooth video editing; rendering complex 3D objects or special effects, and saving/transferring enormous blocks of data in a fraction of the time it once took.
Formatted for Mac computers, these new storage systems feature:
- Massive 6 TB capacity;
- Extra-fast performance with four interfaces (FireWire 800/400, eSATA, USB 2.0);
- Cool, eco-friendly operation with WD's drives with WD GreenPower Technology that consume approximately one-third less power than standard dual-drive external storage systems and efficient convection cooling architecture and power-saving mode and designed without a fan to run quietly;
- Automatic and continuous backup software;
- User serviceability, enabling the user to open the enclosure and replace the drive inside;
- Capacity gauge to see at a glance how much space is available on the system; and,
- 5-year limited warranty.
Pricing and Availability
The WD My Book Studio Edition II 6 TB external hard drive (model WDH2Q60000N) is available now for $549.99.