Wacom announced Bamboo Stylus duo, a new dual-purpose stylus for the iPad and Android tablets, which combines a proven capacitive pen tip for on-screen input at one end of the Stylus with a premium ball-point ink pen at the opposite end for use on traditional paper. With an elegant design and quality craftsmanship, Bamboo Stylus duo is the ideal tool for writing, drawing or doodling in both a digital and analog world.
The Bamboo Stylus duo, with its simple clean shape and satin textured metal body, serves the needs of the analog and digital user with just one tool. At one end of the Stylus, there is a smooth best-in-class responsive pen tip for on-screen usage, while the other end houses a high quality inking pen for traditional writing and drawing. The pen cap can conveniently be attached to either end of the pen.
The multitalented Bamboo Stylus duo and the colourful range of Bamboo Stylus solo — with only a rubber tip — enable note-taking, annotating and drawing to creating visual communication aids such as mind maps, charts and sketches. Whether using a digital or traditional medium, the user experience is intuitive and natural.
- Easy access to both touch screen and traditional paper with just one tool
- Natural experience with both stylus and refined ball-point pen
- Enhanced stylus user experience with an authentic and intuitive note-taking app (Bamboo Paper)
- Material finish
- High-value plated metal
- Satin texture and elegant color scheme (platinum silver / black)
- Soft rings for a smooth and precise fit of the cap on both tip ends
- Smooth and soft conductive rubber tip (6mm)
- Black ball-point ink cartridge, 0.7 mm ball-point size
- Balanced and optimized pen weight: 24g
- Replaceable standardized stylus tip — compatible with all Bamboo Styluses
- Replaceable standardized inking pen cartridge
Wacom also announced the introduction of Bamboo Paper, the free digital notebook app that recently passed the 2.5 million download mark on the iPad, for the Android market. Bamboo Paper allows users to create and share handwritten notes, doodles and sketches on their mobile devices. In combination with Bamboo Stylus, Bamboo Paper becomes the perfect companion for all touch screens. The app will be available as a free download from the Google Play Android market place in May. More features, such as multiple notebooks, will be added in the coming months.
Availability and Pricing
Available at Wacom’s eStore in April 24, 2012, Bamboo Stylus duo is priced at $39.95 (USD). Bamboo Paper for iPad and Android, will be available as a free download from Apple’s App Store and the Google Play Android market place respectively beginning in May 2012.