Delivers Highest Performance, 5 HDMI Inputs and Audio Re-synchronization Capability
AUSTIN, TX — September 6, 2007 — VizionWare, the Texas-based signal management and signal conditioning company and creator of the award-winning Hi-Wirez Active HDMI Cables, announced today the release of the all new VZ-S5100 5×1 HDMI Switcher & Digital Audio Synchronizer.
“The VZ-S5100 represents a significant step forward over other switchers currently on the market by providing lip-sync correction with 5-in, 1-out HDMI switching while delivering the very highest quality signal”, said Ben Jamison, vice president of sales and marketing for VizionWare. “Advanced installations require switching between multiple HDMI sources — typically more than are provided for on high-end switchers and other in-path distribution products, such as AV receivers. The VZ-S5100 provides an elegant, innovative solution”
“VizionWare’s attention to detail in innovative product development and signal management is much in evidence again as we launch this impressively featured product with an industrial design that fits well into professional installations of the highest caliber,” adds Ken Tompkins, VizionWare’s Product Manager.
The VZ-S5100’s unique function set is not found in any other switcher currently available: a generous five HDMI inputs — each of which is combined with user-adjustable and programmable lip-sync correction that may be independently associated with its own degree of audio delay from 0-100ms in 2ms increments. Furthermore, an HDMI switcher is the ideal place to add lip-sync correction to an AV installation; otherwise, audio re-synchronization must occur at each source device (which rarely have the capability), or in an AV Receiver or AV processor, which may not contain a sufficient number of HDMI inputs. Once adjusted by the installer, audio synchronization values are set into each port’s memory in order to compensate for the amount of video processing (the cause of audio and video being out of “sync”) required by each source. These adjustments allow users to finally say goodbye to the annoying “lip sync” artifact which would mar an otherwise stellar installation.
The VZ-S5100 is designed for maximum-length cable runs on each end of the switcher, delivering 1080p at the longest lengths possible under current technology while maintaining the highest level of signal integrity. Its bi-directional RS232 capability ensures that installers are able to integrate the VZ-S5100 into whole-house, home-theater or commercial AV set-ups. It may also be controlled via IR and its robust industrial design featuring rack mounting capability coupled with the tactile feel of a high-end AV component makes it right at home in the finest custom systems.
The VizionWare VZ-S5100 5×1 HDMI Switcher & Digital Audio Synchronizer will be available October 2007 and carry an MSRP of $799.00
VZ-S5100 Feature Summary:
• HDMI 1080p switcher with five inputs to accommodate the addition of future HDMI devices
• Audio delay by port virtually eliminates the “lip sync” error caused by advanced video processing found in the latest generation of high-definition displays and video processors
• Each of the five HDMI inputs paired with its own audio jack to enhance installation convenience
• Installers can choose from any combination of three optical (S/PDIF) and two coaxial (RCA) audio jacks
• Time-adjusted audio from any audio input to either optical or coaxial output for total audio routing flexibility
• Integrates into professional home theater installations via discrete IR commands and advanced RS232 controls that enable control system switching to the desired HDMI / audio source combination
• RS232 querying of active HDMI delay data for feedback to control system enabling control-system flexibility and advanced installation programming
• Rack mountable (1U high) with sleek industrial design that is visually appealing to the most discerning home theater aficionado
• VizionWare introduces VZ-S5100 5×1 HDMI Switcher & Digital Audio Synchronizer
• VizionWare is the creator of the award winning Hi-Wirez Active HDMI Cables
• The VZ-S5100 is the only device available combining 5×1 HDMI switching & lip-sync correction
• Lip-sync correction is both pre-programmable and user adjustable by input
• The VZ-S5100 delivers 1080p through the longest cable lengths possible under current technology while maintaining the highest level of signal integrity
• The VZ-S5100 features discrete IR and bi-directional RS-232 control capability
• Professional Home AV rack mountable using rack ears as an optional accessory
• The VZ-S5100 will be available October 2007 and carry an MSRP of $799.00
VizionWare has developed and applied a patented core silicon technology to create a complete family of next generation digital interconnect products. The company’s award-winning digital technology delivers numerous unique technological advances – including image enhancing circuitry, signal balancing, enhanced transmission technology between the source and sink cable ends – leading to unprecedented improvements to HDMI and DVI digital interconnect cables and adapters. These key advances overcome the limitations of passive analog and pseudo-active cables, enhancing transmission between the source and sink cable ends and lowering EMI radiation and interference with other wired and wireless connections, while delivering theater quality signals to the display independent of cable length.
For more information about VizionWare and its innovative products, please visit www.VizionWare.com or call 512-493-9660.Where to Buy