Vivitek announced the Qumi Q7, a bright LED-based Pico Projector with 3D-ready capabilities. Weighing in at 3.1 pounds, the Qumi Q7 delivers up to 800 lumens of brightness with an LED light source that gives it up to 30,000 hours of operation time. And, not only is it 3D-ready via Texas Instruments’ DLP Link, but the Q7 integrates 2D-to-3D content conversion technology for standard and Blu-Ray 3D playback. The Qumi Q7 features the unique touch sensitive button controls and sleek design that is familiar with the Qumi family of portable projectors. It is ready to be used with a variety of devices, including, but not limited to, digital cameras, laptops, smart phone and tablets.
“With the addition of the Qumi Q7, Vivitek continues its goal of bringing portable and energy-efficient projectors to the market. We want to bring a complete line of projector models to fit just about any need and application,” said Tinh Ho, senior product manager at Vivitek. “Hours of operation, brightness and picture quality are key factors for consumers, and the Q7 incorporates LED and other technologies and features, such as 2D-to-3D conversion, into the Qumi line to ensure that this family of projectors is versatile enough to meet consumer demand.”
Features & Specifications:
- 720p/native WXGA (1280×800) resolution
- Up to 800 lumens of brightness and a 30,000:1 contrast ratio
- 3D-Ready (via DLP Link) and a DLP pico chipset from Texas Instruments
- Integrated 2D-to-3D content conversion technology
- 3.1 pounds; Dimensions: 6.3″(w) x 4.3″(h) x 1.3″(d)
- 30,000+ estimated LED hours of operation
- Connectivity options include: HDMI (x2), VGA-In, Composite Video, Audio-In RCA and USB; 4GB of on-board memory
- Built-in Microsoft Office and Adobe PDF document reader
- 2W surround sound speaker
Price and Availability
The Vivitek Qumi Q7 will be available summer 2013 for $999 (USD).