Vincent Audio has introduced a high-quality headphone amplifier that uses a hybrid of vacuum tube and solid-state circuitry to enable serious headphone listeners to get the most pleasure out of their music.
The Vincent Audio KHV-111MK headphone amplifier combines premium solid-state discrete component circuitry with a classic 12AX7 vacuum tube input stage that is ideally matched to the headphone use. The 12AX7 is a two-channel, pure Class A triode vacuum tube noted for its high gain, accuracy and musical character.
With the higher operating voltages of vacuum tubes, and the different requirements of the solid-state sections, Vincent Audio gave the KHV-111MK a very large and stable power supply section. With the combined weight of the power supply combined with the heavy-duty chassis used to shield the sensitive circuitry, the KHV-111MK weighs in at a hefty 7 pounds, well above that of most headphone amplifiers.
The Vincent KHV-111MK has separate, front-panel volume controls for the left and right channels, a front 1/4-inch headphone jack, power switch, and a window to monitor the glow of the vacuum tube filament. The rear-panel has gold-plated stereo RCA input jacks.
KHV-111MK Hybrid Tube/Solid-state Headphone Amplifier Features & Specifications
- Hybrid vacuum-tube / solid-state design
- Vacuum tube input stage
- Tube compliment: 1 x 12AX7 (two channels)
- Separate volume control for each channel
- Heavy-duty chassis construction
- Choice of Black or Silver faceplate
- Front-panel filament inspection window
- Oversized power supply
- One RCA rear-panel stereo input
- One front-panel 1/4″headphone output jack
- Nominal output power: 5 Watts
- Harmonic distortion: < 0.1 % (1 kHz, 1 Watt),
- Input sensitivity: 5 mV
- Signal-Noise ratio: > 90 dB,
- Inputs: 1 x RCA
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 8.5″ x 3.75″ x 12″
- Weight: 7lbs
About Vincent Audio
Vincent Audio manufactures high-end audio components that use vacuum tube and hybrid tube/solid-state technology to produce sound that is powerful, accurate, and texturally satisfying. The brand's exclusive North American distributor is WS Distributing, LLC, of Grand Rapids, Michigan.