Morgan Hill, CA (February 1, 2006) — Velodyne Acoustics, Inc., the world’s leading manufacturer of powered subwoofers for home-theater and consumer audio, earned a record-breaking number of industry awards and citations in 2005 for their DSP-based subwoofer technology.
Velodyne received 12 awards in 2005, including three subwoofer of the year awards, from publications around the globe representing the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Russia. The Velodyne subwoofer series that won the awards include the Digital Drive Series (DD-10, DD-12, and DD-18), the SPL-R Series (SPL-800R), the CHT-R Series (CHT-12R) and the SPL Series II (SPL-1200 Series II).
The list of awards for Velodyne in 2005:
– The SMS-1 received Best of 2005 for audio processors from Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity
– The DD-10 received the Subwoofer of the Year award from Hi-Fi News
– The CHT-12R received the Subwoofer of the Year award from What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision
– The DD-18 was chosen Subwoofer of the Year over £1000 from Home Cinema Choice
– The SPL-R Series won the 2005 Product of the Year award from Electronic House
– The DD-10 received the 2005 Editor’s Choice award from The Perfect Vision
– The DD-18 was rated Class A in the “Recommended Components” issue from Stereophile
– The DD-12 received the Editor’s Choice 2005 Gold award from Ultimate AV
– The SPL-800R was selected as a 2005 Excite award winner from Custom Retailer
– The CHT-12R was recognized as the recommended sub in its class from Stereo and Video
– The SPL-1200 Series II won for active subwoofers over $1000 from Sound and Image
– The SPL-R Series was selected as a must-have on the 2005 HOT LIST from TechLiving
Velodyne Acoustics, Inc., founded in 1983, is universally recognized as the leading manufacturer of high-performance, low distortion powered subwoofers at all price levels. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, the company’s technically innovative audio products are available through a select group of authorized dealers, custom installers, and distributors worldwide. For more information visit www.velodyne.com.