Velocity Micro has just announced the Android-powered Cruz Reader featuring a sleek design, touch screen display, and tons of multimedia features.
At under one pound and about a half inch thick, the $199, 7-inch Cruz Reader goes everywhere you do, making it perfect for students, avid readers, frequent flyers, and techies. Additional features such as video playback and web browsing provide a much richer experience than traditional e-ink readers at a more reasonable price than a tablet.
Key specs and features include:
- Crystal clear 4:3 ratio, 800×600 full color touch screen display — ideal for viewing ebooks and magazines, plus web pages and movies
- Google Android Operating System
- 802.11b/g wifi and full Web browser support
- High res video and high quality audio playback with no proprietary content restrictions
- Built-in Dictionary, Notepad, Calendar, Alarm Clock, Contacts, Games, and other useful apps
- Built in accelerometer, tilt activated
- Enough built in storage for hundreds of books
- USB and SD card slot for upgradable storage, including a 2GB SD card
- Up to 10 hours of use and over 24 hours of standby time, with a replaceable battery
- Access to over 2 Million ebooks via included Borders E-book library portal application
- Access to the Cruz Market, an open content portal for downloading apps, magazines, and videos from a broad array of content providers.
The Cruz Reader will be available from most major retailers and direct from Velocity Micro in August for $199.
About Velocity Micro, Inc.
Velocity Micro, Inc. is the premier high-performance personal computer provider in North America. Founded in 1992, Richmond, Va.-based Velocity Micro custom builds award winning gaming, mobile, multimedia, small business, workstation, visual supercomputers and peripherals. Velocity Micro products are currently available at most consumer electronics retailers nationwide.