Premium, Lightweight TLP-X200U Toshiba Projector Features Wireless Network Capabilities, Closed Captioning, 3LCD Technology and Multiscreen Function
A leader in creating innovative mobile computing products, Toshiba’s Digital Products Division, today announced the launch of the lightweight TLP-X200U wireless 3LCD projector, the world’s first projector with voice guidance. This innovative feature provides ease of use, preventative maintenance updates and a lower total cost of ownership. The slim TLP-X200U network compatible projector also incorporates closed captioning, a unique multiscreen function for large venue use and is covered by Toshiba’s three-year standard limited warranty1 for $1,739 (MSRP)2.
“Toshiba has designed, engineered and manufactured the TLP-X200U projector with its special voice guidance to help reduce projector maintenance costs,” said Jane Poon, product marketing manager, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. “The voice guidance system conveniently directs users with an audible message through the projector’s operating instructions and system warnings, such as the on/off status, lamp life, air filter checks and cooling fan status.”
The TLP-X200U produces outstanding image quality with 3LCD technology, an impressive 3,000 ANSI lumens, XGA (1024 x 768) native resolution, a sharp 600:1 contrast ratio and a built-in “blackboard” function with wall color adjustment. At only 4.4 pounds, the projector also features Windows Vista compatibility and is perfect for mobile professionals, teachers, corporate customers, small-to-medium businesses and consumers for digital home entertainment.
The Toshiba TLP-X200U wireless projector includes the following leading-edge technologies:
- Slim Form Factor: Weighing just 4.4 pounds, the TLP-X200U 3LCD projector’s slim form factor is less than 3 inches high and about the size of a hardback novel, making it easy to transport while traveling or moving from meeting to meeting. The projector comes with its own carrying case and can be stowed in an airline overhead bin or carry-on bag;
- Wireless Networking Capabilities: The built-in IEEE 802.11b/g wireless3 functionality of the TLP-X200U delivers fast set-up time and enables presenters to easily connect their wireless laptops to the projector from anywhere in the room and deliver sequential presentations without the need for cables. The projector’s network capability also allows IT administrators to remotely control the projector over a network for issues related to temperature, fan and lamp status;
- Closed Captioning: This advancement allows the audience to read text or dialogue from a DVD player or television signal, benefiting viewers who may be hard of hearing, learning a new language, beginning to read or in a noisy environment;
- Multiscreen Function: This unique technology allows users to network up to four TLP-X200U projectors to create one large venue image or to present up to two different screen images at once from one computer source;
- Windows Vista Network Capable: This compatibility allows presenters to wirelessly transfer JPEG files from a laptop with ease, for slide show presentations or images embedded in documents. The projector is also compatible with Microsoft Vista Ultimate’s “Meeting Space4” functionality for remote sharing of presentation files;
- USB Port: This port allows on-the-go professionals the option to go “PC-free” by simply storing their presentation in a JPG format and plugging the thumbnail drive into the USB port, taking full advantage of the TLP-X200U projector’s lightweight, slim form factor;
- “Blackboard” Function: This feature allows presentations to be made on non-screen surfaces, such as a painted wall or a blackboard, for ultimate mobility. Users simply select a wall color, such as green, black, brown, blue or beige, and the projector automatically corrects the color for a clearer display in almost any environment;
- Quick-Power Shutdown: Some projectors require that the fan stops completely before users can unplug the projector to save on wear and tear of the lamp. The Toshiba TLP-X200U projector can be powered off once disconnected from the outlet with no cool-down time required;
- Automatic Vertical Keystone Correction: This feature instantly projects a square image even when the projector is placed at a steep offset angle of plus or minus 45 degrees to the screen;
- Security Features: The TLP-X200U includes password protection and key-lock security features to prevent any unauthorized usage;
- Extensive Connectivity Options: The HDTV-compatible TLP-X200U comes with a variety of inputs and outputs for high-end multimedia presentations, including an RGB (x 2 D-sub 15-pin; one is shared as Monitor Out), HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface), component video (shared with RGB), composite and S-video inputs, RJ45 wired for LAN, monitor out, and audio in/out capabilities.
The following are some of the Toshiba TLP-X200U projector specifications:
TLP-X200U Projector Specifications (MSRP $1,7392)
- Display Technology: 0.7 inches 3LCD
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Native Resolution: XGA 1024 x 768
- Brightness: 3,000 ANSI lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 600:1
- Color Reproduction: Full 16.7 million colors
- Projection Screen Size: 30 – 300 inches
- Projection Distance: 2.9 – 35.9 feet
- Integrated wireless technology3: IEEE 802.11b/g (Windows Vista network compatible)
- Input Terminal:
- RGB Input 1: 1 x D-sub 15 (shared as component video)
- RGB Input 2: 1 x D-sub 15 (shared by switching from RGB output)
- Video: 1 x S-video; 1 x RCA for composite video
- HDMI: x 1 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface)
- Audio: 1 x stereo mini-jack (Multiple use for Computer 1 IN/2 IN, Video and S- video)
- Output Terminal:
- RGB: 1 x D-sub 15-pin (shared as monitor out by switching from RGB input 2)
- Audio: 1 x Stereo mini-jack (variable output level)
- Input Signal Format:
- Video: NTSC, PAL, SECAM
- Color Difference: HDTV/DTV (480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p)
- RGB: VGA, SVGA, XGA (native), WXGA/SXGA/UXGA (compressed)
- Other Terminal:
- RS-232: 1 x RS232 (D-sub 9-pin)
- RJ45: 1 x RJ45
- USB: 1 x USB
- Weight: 4.4 pounds
- Dimensions: 11.5″W x 2.8″H x 7.6″D
- Lamp hours (standard/low mode): 2000 hours / 3000 hours
- Warranty: Three-year limited warranty on parts and labor. One-year limited warranty on the lamp or 500 hours, whichever comes first.
The Toshiba TLP-X200U is currently available through Toshiba’s authorized distributors, dealers, VARs, mail-order outlets and www.toshibadirect.com.
Green Statement: Toshiba strongly believes in corporate social responsibility and is committed to taking action to help protect the environment. Toshiba has set an environmental goal to double its ecological efficiency by 2010 while currently manufacturing its products to meet the Restriction on Hazardous Substances5 standard (RoHS). All Toshiba projectors are RoHS compatible, reducing harmful environmental effects by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous.
1 The terms and conditions of Toshiba’s standard limited warranties are available at warranty.toshiba.com.
2 Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means “Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price.”
3Wireless. May require purchase of additional software, external hardware, or services. Transmission speeds may vary. See Wireless Legal Footnote at info.toshiba.com.
4 Microsoft Vista UltimateMeeting Space. May require purchase of additional software, external hardware, or services.
5 RoHS. This product is compatible with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC. See RoHS legal footnote at info.toshiba.com.