New Laptop Pushes PC Gaming to the Extreme by Combining NVIDIA SLI Technology, an Intel Core 2 Quad Processor and a Solid State Hard Drive
Toshiba’s Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today released the Qosmio X305-Q708 gaming laptop, the latest iteration from its flagship gaming line. With a stunning 17-inch diagonal widescreen TruBrite display and the latest technology advancements from NVIDIA and Intel, the Qosmio X305-Q708 laptop is engineered to deliver unparalleled performance to gamers and multimedia enthusiasts.
The Qosmio X305-Q708 is Toshiba’s most powerful gaming laptop to date. Powered by an Intel Core 2 Extreme quad-core processor and Dual GPU NVIDIA technology, the Qosmio X305-Q708 is able to slice through the latest graphic-intensive games at high speeds and screen resolutions.
Providing optimal performance, the Intel Core 2 Quad processors are designed upon the latest 45nm Intel technology for a quicker, cooler mobile gaming experience. Incorporating four processing cores, the Intel processor delivers greater efficiencies for the most demanding games. Additionally, the inclusion of dual NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS GPUs with NVIDIA SLi technology, as well as 1GB of DDR3 discrete graphics memory, is able to deliver an uncompromising gaming experience with blazing-fast frame rates and high-intensity visuals to gamers on-the-go.
“The key to a laptop’s gaming prowess is unlocked with the graphics technology that it employs,” said Rene Haas, general manager of the mobile business unit at NVIDIA. “Through our powerful GeForce 9800M GTS GPU, the Qosmio X305 laptop has the power to take mobile gaming to new heights, and offer Toshiba customers a truly compelling visual computing experience on the go.”
To raise the performance bar even further, Toshiba has integrated the latest solid state storage technology into the laptop. The 128GB primary drive consists of NAND flash memory which delivers faster access times and data transfer rates. Paired with a 7200rpm secondary 320GB hard disc drive, the solid state drive will take gaming performance to the next level.
“At Toshiba we relentlessly pursue innovative solutions as a means to supply our consumers with the best possible technology,” said Carl Pinto, vice president of product development, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. “The Qosmio X305-Q708 is a serious gaming machine, and an example of that pursuit.”
The Qosmio X305-Q708 features Toshiba’s trademark “fiery” Fusion finish with Rogue design. Other key features include:
- 4GB of DDR3 RAM(1066MHz), which nearly doubles the speed of standard DDR2 RAM (667MHz) for quicker boot times and multitasking.
- Full-size keyboard with 10-key pad for greater comfort and proficiency.
- Four Harman Kardon stereo speakers with built-in subwoofer for a rich and cinematic gaming experience.
- HDMI and DisplayPort connectors to multiply your viewing experience. A superior alternative to VGA and DVI, DisplayPort flat-panel displays in a resolution up to 2560×1600, while HDMI extends full 1080p support to HD displays.
- A built-in 1.3 mega-pixel Webcam with Toshiba Face Recognition for convenient communication and security.
- Wireless USB and USB Sleep-and-Charge
The Qosmio X305-Q708 is now available for purchase directly from Toshiba at www.toshibadirect.com, additionally a variation model of the Qosmio X305 is available at a variety of major consumer electronic and computer stores nationwide for an MSRP of $4,199.99. Detailed product information about the Qosmio X305 family of gaming laptops is available at www.explore.toshiba.com/X305.
The Qosmio X305-Q708 laptop is available in the following configuration:
Qosmio X305-Q708 Unique Specifications (MRSP $4,199.99)
- OS selection at first boot:
- Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate (SP1, 64-bit version) (default)
- Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate (SP1, 32-bit version)
- Intel Core 2 Extreme Processor QX9300
- 4096MB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM
- 128GB Serial ATA SSD
- 320GB (7200 RPM) Serial ATA HDD
- DVD SuperMulti (+/- double layer) drive with Labelflash supporting 11 formats
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M chipset with NVIDIA Hybrid SLI technology
- DualNVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS graphics with NVIDIA SLI technology 512MBx2 GDDR3 discrete graphics memory
- Atheros 802.11 b/g/n wireless-LAN
- Bluetooth version 2.1 + EDR
- One-year warranty
Where to Buy