Toshiba Unveils 10th Generation Tablet PC with Launch of Portege M750
Toshiba’s Digital Products Division, an industry leader in mobile computing solutions, today announced its 10th generation Tablet PC in the Portege M750. The successor to the award-winning Toshiba Portege M700, the newly configured Portege M750 features several technologies which differentiate the Tablet PC within the market, including a touch screen LED backlit display, full-performance processor technology, Toshiba’s innovative fourth-generation EasyGuard Technology1 with PC Health Monitor, and an integrated optical drive.
Toshiba’s Portege M750 is designed, engineered and manufactured exclusively by Toshiba and is ideal for education, legal, healthcare, financial planning and insurance markets with prices starting at $1,699 (MSRP)2.
Toshiba’s Portege M750 tablet PC includes the following leading-edge technologies:
- Touch Screen LED Backlit Display: The Portege M750 detects the presence of a digital pen or a user’s fingertip, automatically switching between the different input methods. Meanwhile, the 12.1-inch LED backlit display produces superb image quality and color saturation both indoors and outdoors.
- Full-Performance Processor Technology: The Portege M750 is one of the few Tablet PCs incorporating a full-performance Intel Centrino 2 processor with vPro Technology, which provides users with the power to efficiently run multiple applications simultaneously without system lag or strain.
- EasyGuard Technology: The Portege M750 features Toshiba’s fourth-generation EasyGuard Technology with PC Health Monitor. This new feature is a preventative maintenance utility that continuously checks the performance and functionality of a laptop’s critical hardware components and will alert users when the system is in need of a tune up. PC Health Monitor tracks the status of critical components, such as hard drive status, battery life and CPU temperature and system cooling warnings. In addition to PC Health Monitor, EasyGuard is a proprietary, value-added series of hardware and software enhancements designed to better protect and secure one’s laptop during everyday computing. Components include HDD Protection, a spill-resistant keyboard3, fingerprint reader and Trusted Platform Module (TPM).
- Integrated Optical Drive: Toshiba is one of the few manufactures to offer an optical drive in a Tablet PC. A built-in optical drive reduces the Portege M750’s travel weight by providing users with an all-in-one solution, eliminating the bulk and inconvenience of carrying additional drives and cables.
- Webcam: The Portege M750’s Webcam provides mobile professionals the flexibility to communicate face-to-face with colleagues, co-workers and loved ones when out of the office or traveling. The Webcam can take still photos, record video clips and record audio notes.
- Green Attributes: The Portege M750 is ENERGY STAR 4.0 compliant and has achieved a Silver status through the Green Electronics Council’s Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT).
Toshiba’s Portege M750 series is available with Toshiba’s three-year standard limited warranty4, which includes carry-in support at Authorized Service Providers throughout the country such as UPS Stores and Mail Boxes Etc. locations.
As a responsible global corporate citizen, Toshiba designs all of its new laptops to be RoHS compatible5, effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
Toshiba is offering a new, free electronic trade-in and recycling program which includes all laptop PCs and other select electronics, regardless of manufacturer, that have no trade-in value. For more details, please visit http://explore.toshiba.com/green. No purchase is necessary to participate in the recycling program.