Toshiba announced the Excite 10 LE, claiming to be the thinnest and lightest 10-inch tablet at just 0.3 inches (7.7mm) thin and weighing just 1.18 pounds (535g). Previously introduced as the Excite X10, the Excite 10 LE runs on Android 3.2 and will be upgradable to 4.0. It is powered by the 1.2GHz Texas Instruments OMAP 4430 multicore mobile processor and dual-channel memory. The Excite 10 LE offers smooth web browsing and multitasking plus the performance for high definition video and entertainment. Extremely power efficient, the tablet delivers up to 8 hours of battery life.
The thin and light Excite 10 LE features a vivid high-resolution 10.1-inch diagonal AutoBrite display, delivering optimum browsing, reading and entertainment. Designed for durability and style, the device also features a high-quality magnesium alloy surface and scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass display with an anti-smudge coating for greater resiliency.
The tablet also comes with an array of connectivity interfaces and ports on board, including micro-USB and HDMI ports, a micro-SD slot to share content and files with other devices, plus Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. Stereo speakers with exclusive sound enhancements by Toshiba and SRS Labs deliver superior audio capabilities. Front and back HD cameras provide convenient photo capture, plus 1080p video recording and video chatting.
- Android 3.2, Honeycomb (upgradeable to Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 10.1-inch diagonal LED Backlit widescreen Corning Gorilla Glass display with IPS technology and 10-finger multi-touch support
- 1280 x 800 resolution, 16:10 aspect ratio
- Texas Instruments OMAP 4430 multicore processor; 1.2GHz with 1GB LPDDR RAM
- 16GB and 32GB configurations
- 2 megapixel front-facing camera
- 5 megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash
- Micro USB, Micro HDMI ports
- Micro SD card slot
- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Gyroscope, Accelerometer, GPS, eCompass and Ambient Light Sensor
- Stereo speakers with sound enhancements by Toshiba and SRS Labs
- Built-in 25 watt-hour rechargeable lithium ion battery
- 10.1″ (W) x 6.9″ (D) x 0.3″ (H)
- 1.18 pounds (535g)