Special Edition GPS device features five-inch screen and maps of U.S., Canada and Europe
TomTom today announces a special edition of the TomTom XXL family of products — the TomTom XXL 540S World Traveler Edition. Drivers can now enjoy TomTom’s premium technologies, optimal routing and latest maps of the U.S., Canada and Europe, all on an extra-large five-inch screen.
“TomTom’s XXL products have been well received by consumers for their large, clear displays. The TomTom XXL 540S World Traveler Edition, in particular, appeals to globetrotters who appreciate a wide screen, a sleek design and the assurance that their routes are always the most efficient regardless of their destination,” said Jocelyn Vigreux, president of TomTom Inc. “With the introduction of the World Traveler Edition, TomTom continues to expand its product offerings to meet our customers’ diverse navigation needs.”
With TomTom’s proprietary IQ Routes Technology, the TomTom XXL 540S World Traveler Edition enables users to always drive the smartest and most efficient routes, whenever or wherever they go. The technology calculates routes based on historical speed measurements for every time of day and for every road segment, from large highways to small local roads. With IQ Routes, users get the fastest routes and can save significant travel time, money and fuel.
The new TomTom XXL devices also come with:
- Full maps of the U.S., Canada and Europe;
- TomTom Map Share technology, so users can instantly modify street names, street direction, points of interest and more on their device, as well as benefit from corrections made by others;
- TomTom “Help Me!” menu, so users can easily access local emergency service providers such as police, fire stations and hospitals;
- Award-winning Fold and Go EasyPort mount, folds flat against the device, making it easy for users to transport;
- TomTom HOME, the free desktop application to keep users’ devices up-to-date at all times;
- Increased memory with 4G of storage;
- Advanced Lane Guidance for realistic representations of complex highway junctions and lane-specific visual directions that take the stress out of navigating these otherwise challenging areas;
- Seven million points of interest, so users have access to information and location details of more restaurants, hotels, gas stations, etc. than ever before; and
- High-quality black finish, for a sleek look.
Availability and Pricing
The new TomTom XXL 540S World Traveler Edition will be in retailers across the United States and Canada in early December.
TomTom XXL 540S World Traveler Edition (MSRP): $349.95 USD / $399.95 CADWhere to Buy