Feature larger, easy-to-read five-inch widescreen displays
TomTom today announces the latest models in its award-winning portable navigation product offering — the TomTom XXL 530S and TomTom XXL 540S. Drivers can now enjoy TomTom’s premium technologies, including the highly acclaimed IQ Routes Technology, on an extra-large five inch screen.
“The new TomTom XXL devices enrich our product portfolio by providing our customers with new offerings that cater to individual preference and need, like the larger, easy-to-read screen” said Jocelyn Vigreux, president of TomTom Inc. “The introduction of the XXL range is in line with our strategy to increase the depth and breadth of our product offerings, based on customer feedback.”
The TomTom XXL 530S and XXL 540S devices enable users to always drive the smartest and most efficient routes, whenever or wherever they go. The TomTom XXL 530S and XXL 540S include TomTom’s exclusive IQ Routes technology. The technology is based on historical speed measurements for every time of day and for every road segment, from large highways to small local roads. In up to 35% of all cases, the use of IQ Routes results in driving a faster route, saving significant travel time, money and fuel.
TomTom 530 vs 330
In addition to the above mentioned features, the new TomTom XXL devices come with:
- Full maps of the US and Canada
- TomTom Map Share technology, so users can instantly modify street names, street direction, points of interest and more on their device and benefit from corrections made by others
- TomTom Help Me menu, so users can easily access local emergency service providers such as police, fire stations and hospitals.
- TomTom’s newest user menu with an elegant interface that features optimized icons for even easier navigation
- Award-winning Fold and Go EasyPort mount, folds flat against the device, making it easy for users to transport
- TomTom HOME, the free desktop application to keep users’ devices up-to-date at all times
Features unique to the TomTom XXL 540S:
- Advanced Lane Guidance for realistic representations of complex highway junctions and lane-specific visual directions that take the stress out of navigating these otherwise challenging areas
- Preloaded maps of Mexico, the US and Canada
- Seven million points of interest, so users have access to information and location details of more restaurants, hotels, gas stations, etc. than ever before
- High-quality black finish, for a sleek look
Availability and Pricing
The new TomTom XXL devices will be in retailers across the United States and Canada in October 2009.