4.3-inch Touchscreen, Text to Speech Navigation Device
TomTom today announces a new addition to the world’s best-selling portable navigation device portfolio, the TomTom XL 335S. The new model incorporates a design that features a 4.3 inch touchscreen, text to speech, TomTom’s innovative IQ Routes Technology and Advanced Lane Guidance. The XL 335S has a suggested retail price of $239.95.
“The XL 335S offers first-class navigation at a competitive price point,” said Jocelyn Vigreux, president of TomTom Inc. “It allows drivers to take those routes that only well-informed locals know, reducing the stress of not knowing where to go and when you will arrive. In addition, our Advanced Lane Guidance feature gives drivers the information they need to drive more safely and more confidently when traveling through complex road junctions.”
The TomTom XXL makes smart use of the driving experiences of millions of TomTom users worldwide. It taps into over 800 billion speed measurements on the map to plan the fastest route (IQ Routes technology) and allows users to make their own map changes and benefit from thousands of free map corrections made by TomTom users every day (Map Share).
Advanced Lane Guidance
The TomTom XL 335S also incorporates TomTom’s Advanced Lane Guidance feature when navigating in the US. Advanced Lane Guidance provides users with realistic representations of complex highway junctions and lane-specific visual directions that take the stress out of navigating these otherwise challenging areas.
In addition to the above mentioned features, the new TomTom XL 335S device comes with:
- Complete maps of the US and Canada
- 4.3-inch touchscreen, for increased visibility of driver’s surroundings
- Spoken instructions, including street and place names
- Seven million points of interest, so users have access to information and location details of more restaurants, hotels, gas stations, etc. than ever before
- TomTom Map Share technology, so users can instantly modify street names, street direction, points of interest and more on their devices and benefit from corrections made by others
- TomTom Help Me! menu and extensive safety features, so users have direct access to safety and emergency services information
- TomTom’s newest user menu with an elegant interface that features optimized icons for even easier navigation
- Award-winning Fold and Go EasyPort mount, that easily folds to fit in any bag or shirt pocket
- TomTom HOME, the free desktop application to keep users’ devices up-to-date at all times. New maps or software versions can be downloaded and users can personalize their device
Availability and pricing
The new TomTom XL 335S will be sold at retailers in the US and Canada for $239.95.