Award-winning turn-by-turn navigation software, including superior routing with IQ Routes
TomTom announces that the TomTom for iPhone navigation application can be purchased in the Apple iTunes App Store starting today.
“With TomTom for iPhone, millions of iPhone users can now benefit from the same easy-to-use and intuitive interface, turn-by-turn spoken navigation and unique routing technology that our 30 million portable navigation device users rely on every day,” said Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director of TomTom. “As the world’s leading provider of navigation solutions and digital maps, TomTom is the most natural fit for an advanced navigation application on the iPhone.”
The TomTom app for iPhone 3G and 3GS users includes a map of the US and Canada from Tele Atlas, and is available to download through http://www.tomtom.com/tomtom-app for USD 99.99.
TomTom app for iPhone key features
TomTom app for iPhone includes the exclusive IQ Routes technology1. Instead of using travel time assumptions, IQ Routes bases its routes on the actual experience of millions of TomTom drivers to calculate the fastest route and generate the most accurate arrival times in the industry. TomTom IQ Routes empowers drivers to reach their destination faster up to 35% of the time.
Additional TomTom app for iPhone features include:
- Best routing and maps
- Navigation software including fast route planning and clear voice instructions
- Automatic re-routing if a turn is missed
- Route demo or map of route when trip planning
- Alternative route options if avoiding roadblocks, toll ways or looking for high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes along route
- Latest Tele Atlas maps of the US, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand
- 6 million Points of Interest included
Easy to use and personalize
- User interface fully optimized with iPhone.
- Multiple display options including landscape and portrait navigation view
- Night and day color mode for optimized screen visibility in varying light conditions
- User interface available in 18 languages2
- Change view settings (2D or 3D map display)
- Easy to download from iTunes App Store
Complete phone and map integration
- Multi-touch gestures such as tap, swipe, pinch and zoom to operate the application and zoom in and out of the map
- Navigation to contacts in address book
- Points-of-interest search and call capabilities from iPhone
Pricing and Availability
The TomTom app for iPhone including full maps of the US and Canada will be available for USD 99.99 on the Apple App Store.
Compatibility with iPod touch and other iPhone models coming soon.
Requirements for use on the iPhone 3G or 3GS include phone installation of OS3.0 and installation of iTunes on the PC or Mac.
1 About TomTom IQ Routes: TomTom IQ Routes applies the historical travel time experience of millions of drivers to calculate the best route possible. The technology is based on historical speed measurements for every time of day, one for every road segment, from large motorways to small local roads. In up to 35% of all cases, the use of IQ Routes results in driving a faster route, saving significant travel time as well as money and fuel.
2 Included user interface languages: Catalan, Czech, Dutch, Danish, English UK, English US, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese BR, Slovak, Spanish, Spanish LA, Swedish and Turkish.
TomTom NV is the world’s leading provider of navigation solutions and digital maps. TomTom NV has over 3,300 employees working in four business units — TomTom, Tele Atlas, AUTO and WORK.
TomTom’s products are developed with an emphasis on innovation, quality, ease of use, safety and value. TomTom’s products include all-in-one navigation devices which enable customers to navigate right out of the box; these are the award-winning TomTom GO family, the TomTom XL and TomTom ONE ranges and the TomTom RIDER. Additionally, independent research proves that TomTom products have a significant positive effect on driving and road safety.
Tele Atlas delivers the digital maps and dynamic content that power some of the world’s most essential navigation and location-based services (LBS). Through a combination of its own products and partnerships, Tele Atlas offers digital map coverage of more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. The AUTO business unit develops and sells navigation systems and services to car manufacturers and OEMs. WORK combines industry leading communication and smart navigation technology with leading edge tracking and tracing expertise.
TomTom NV was founded in 1991 in Amsterdam and has offices in Europe, North America, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. TomTom is listed at Euronext Amsterdam in The Netherlands.Where to Buy