DIRECTV announced the nationwide availability of the TiVo HD DVR (model THR22) satellite receiver, combining beloved TiVo features with DIRECTV satellite TV service.
- Season Pass Recordings automatically record all of a user's favorite shows each week so they'll never miss an episode
- Create WishList Searches allows users to set up automatic recordings for TV shows and movies based on keywords — such as their favorite actor's name, sports team or personal interest
- TiVo Suggestions intuitively discovers users' favorite shows and automatically, records similar shows
- Effortlessly find favorite shows in HD across television and on DIRECTV Cinema
- Record up to 100 hours of HD programming or 400 hours of SD shows
- Record two shows at once
- Access more than 7,000 on-demand movies and shows at no extra charge
Please note the TiVo HD DVR from DIRECTV does not support their Whole-Home DVR service, DIRECTV iPad App remote control and live TV streaming functionality, DIRECTV CINEMA (satellite downloads), YouTube on TV, 3D, and GameSearch.
DIRECTV is the latest entertainment service provider to deploy TiVo offerings to their customers. Other deployment partnerships in the U.S. include Charter, RCN, Suddenlink and Grande Communications, and European operators include Virgin Media, the largest cable operator in the UK, and ONO, the largest cable operator in Spain.