TiVo just announced a second-generation BOLT DVR, called the TiVo BOLT+. It includes six tuners, 3TB of recording capacity, and a new black chassis. That’s two extra tuners and 2TB extra storage over the original BOLT for an extra $200, which brings the total price to $500 plus monthly service fees at $15/month. However, the new model drops the antenna port so it can’t record over-the-air broadcasts any more.
TiVo BOLT+ is the unified entertainment system with more tuners, greater recording capacity, and 4K streaming capabilities. It still includes TiVo’s unique SkipMode feature allowing the user to skip whole commercial breaks in recorded shows with one button press, and QuickMode functionality enabling the user to watch recorded shows 30 percent faster. It’s a streamer plus cable box, DVR, and PLEX client all in one, while also eliminating the need for a traditional video matrix switcher. The TiVo BOLT+ unifies all TV channels and streaming content into one simplified and searchable system.
TiVo BOLT+ includes the following features from its predecessor, the TiVo BOLT:
- 4K: Connect TiVo BOLT+ to a 4K TV and stream content in ultra-high-definition resolution with spectacular, eye-popping color and detail.
- SkipMode: Skip commercial breaks of recorded shows with the press of a single button.
- QuickMode: Watch recordings 30 percent faster with pitch-corrected audio.
- OnePass: Consolidate all episodes of favorite shows via cable, and internet video services such as Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime Instant Video creating a universal watch list across all providers.
- OneSearch: Search across local channels and internet video services to find which shows are available and where they can be viewed.
- Remote Access: Watch live TV and recorded shows from a tablet or smartphone anywhere in the home, as well as download or stream shows to watch out of the home and on the go.
“The ultimate multi-room video set up, TiVo BOLT+ eliminates some of the install hassle resellers run into including expensive matrix switchers, while providing the unified entertainment features that users have come to expect and are excited about,” said Ira Bahr, general manager of TiVo retail products.
Price and Availability
The TiVo BOLT+ will be available on September 15, 2016 for $499. Monthly service fees cost extra.