Built to work specifically with the Sprint 4G Network, Sprint 4G USB Device U1901 is a small, easy-to-use modem compatible with both PC and Mac computers, connecting laptops or netbooks to blazing-fast 4G speeds. It is compatible with Windows® Vista, Windows® XP, Windows® 7, MAC OS® 10.5 and 10.6. U1901 provides access to Sprint 4G wireless speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G1 in those metropolitan areas across the country enabled with the new 4G mobile broadband service. Visit www.sprint.com/4G for a list of Sprint 4G cities launched to date.
U1901 is ideally suited for companies wanting to deliver high-bandwidth solutions to workers on-the-go or for remote offices looking to provide basic DSL-like speeds2 to workers in the metro area. U1901 is also an affordable option for value-conscious, highly-mobile Internet users, such as high school and college students who want to browse the Web, send and receive e-mail, access information, and explore social networking and multimedia entertainment.
- Sprint SmartView(SM) software installation via CD
- Equipped with two external antenna ports for improved performance when plugged into the separately sold docking cradle (visit sprint.com/accessories and select U1901)
- Flip-up USB connector
- Easy hands-free activation
- Sprint 4G provides peak download speeds over 10 Mbps (average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps)
- Dimensions: 3.15 inches (h) x 1.2 inches (w) x 0.59 inches (d)
- Weight: 0.9 ounces
- Chipset: Beceem BCSM250
- Compatibility: Windows® Vista, Windows® XP, Windows® 7, MAC OS® 10.5 and 10.6 with Intel platform.
1 Up to 10x Faster claim: Based on download speed comparison of 3G's 600 kbps vs. 4G's 6 Mbps. Industry published 3G avg. speeds (600 kbps-1.7 Mbps); 4G avg. speeds (3-6 Mbps). Actual speeds may vary.
2 Comparison to DSL/Cable: based on basic cable and DSL plans offering download speeds of 1.5 Mbps (cable) and 786 kbps (DSL).