13.3-inch Laptop with 8th Generation Intel Core Processor and VAIO TruePerformance
Sony announced a new line of VAIO S 13.3-inch laptops designed for business users. They are equipped with the 8th Generation Intel Core Processor and VAIO TruePerformance, a technology designed to maintain higher performance for a longer period of time by increasing CPU power limits and more efficiently eliminating processor heat. Sony claims the Intel Core i5 Processor with VAIO TruePerformance has the effect of achieving higher performance than the usual 8th Generation Core i7 Processor.
The extremely thin and light notebook weighs 2.34 lbs and is 0.52″ thin. The VAIO S laptop is uniquely equipped with an HDMI port, a VGA connector and LAN connection.
- Molded magnesium alloy casing ensures robustness and durability. The casing is further reinforced by adding ribs to the designated points, which also brings improvement to the feel of keyboard and touch pad.
- Standard analog RGB Output, HDMI Output, LAN Connector, USB 3.0 (x 3) means no lugging around a number of adapters while traveling. Plus, the portable AC adapter comes equipped with a USB charging port.
- When the laptop is opened, the keyboard is automatically tilted, making it more ergonomic and easier to type, reducing the stress on the palm and wrist.
- The touch pad comes with separate left and right buttons to avoid mistouch and it is aligned with the center of the keyboard for more natural typing.
- Battery life up to 8 hours 30 minutes.
- Comes standard with a built-in fingerprint login function.
- Built at VAIO headquarters in Nagano, Japan.
Price and Availability
Sony VAIO S Laptop with TruePerformance will be available the week of February 12, 2018, priced from $1,199 to $2,199.Where to Buy