Sony updated its VAIO C series notebooks with two new color choices: Neon Red or Thunder Blue. Either color is available in 14-inch or 15.5-inch screen sizes. In addition, the laptops offer second generation Intel Core i5 processor (select models), Blu-ray Disc drive (select models) and AMD Radeon HD 6630M 1GB Hybrid graphics (select models).
- Intel Core i3 or i5 processor choice
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Create, edit & share your digital life with Sony Imagination Studio Suite 2 VAIO Edition (for Signature Collection models only)
- 9 hours battery life (14-inch model)
- 8 hours battery life (15.5-inch model)
- Share your laptop content wirelessly on your HDTV with Intel WiDi (adaptor is sold separately)
- Backlit keyboard with number pad (select models)
- HD web camera powered by Exmor sensor technology
- Hybrid Graphics deliver power when you need it and lowers power consumption when you don't (select models)
- Shortcut buttons provide quick access to the web, Media Gallery software and VAIO Care
Price and Availability
The VAIO C Series laptop will be available for pre-sale on June 19 at http://www.sony.com/cseries for a starting price of about $730. It will be available in Neon Red this summer exclusively through select retailers include ABT Electronics, B&H Photo, Fry's Electronics, J&R Electronics, MicroCenter, Nebraska Furniture Mart and Sony Stores. It will also be available in Thunder Blue at other major retailers around the country starting next month.