Sony today announced the STR-DA4600ES 7.1 Channel Network Multi-room AV Receiver priced at $1,500. It's part of Sony's 2010 Elevated Standard (ES) product line designed with custom installers in mind to seamlessly integrate with multi-room, third-party control systems.
The Sony STR-DA5600ES includes all of the features of the STR-DA3600ES AV receiver, but adds a second zone CAT5e output and offers 20 watts more power.
STR-DA4600ES 7.1 Channel Network Multi-room AV Receiver
Available in August for about $1,500
- 120 watt x7 @ 8-ohms, 1kHz, .09% THD
- Four HDMI outputs and two switched or simultaneous HDMI outputs
- 3D pass-through
- Integrated four port Ethernet switch
- Second zone CAT5e output
- DLNA Client
- iPhone / iPod Touch remote control application
- Quick Click feature for multi-room source control (with iPhone/iPod touch app)
- On-screen graphical user interface with overlay (main and second zones)
- Standby pass-through of audio and video via HDMI
- Control system integration via control over IP, RS232 or IR
- PC set up manager
- Audio Return Channel for TV audio over a single HDMI cable
- Shoutcast® Internet Radio and Rhapsody® Music Service
- Dolby TrueHD and dts HD Enhanced audio codecs
Sony believes its ES products are best demonstrated by dealers and integrators qualified to engage an advanced consumer audience. To that end, Sony ES products will only be available from specialty AV retailers and custom installers.