Provides Comprehensive new Tools for Professional Digital Audio Production
New Event-Based Editing, Integrated disc-at-once (DAO) CD Burning, and elastique Timestretching Enhance Workflow, Flexibility, Speed and Accuracy to Offer Powerful All-In-One Production Suite; Includes Exclusive iZotope Effects Bundle
Sony Creative Software, a leading provider of professional video and audio production applications, today announced the availability of Sound Forge Pro 10 digital audio production suite. Sound Forge Pro 10 new features include event-based editing, disc-at-once CD burning, iZotope 64-bit SRC (sample rate conversion), MBIT+ dither (bit-depth conversion), musical instrument file processing, and the elastique Pro timestretch/pitch shift plug-in. In addition, Sound Forge Pro 10 software provides exclusive new enhancements, including customizable window layouts, metadata editing, performance optimizations, and interactive tutorials. These new features create a powerful and flexible audio production environment, increasing workflow and efficiency while consistently delivering the pristine audio quality the recording industry has come to expect from Sound Forge software.
“Digital audio production is a staple of not only the traditional recording industry, but also video game developers, post-production houses, video producers, web media creators, sound designers, and mobile device content producers. While developing this new version, we took into account the specific challenges each one of these industries face and incorporated many new features that provide unique solutions for these diverse professional needs,” said Dave Chaimson, Sony Creative Software vice president of global marketing. “Extensive customer feedback and industry input ensure that the enhancements in Sound Forge Pro 10 software will intuitively handle the most complex projects of professional producers in today’s varied digital audio fields.”
“I use Sound Forge Pro software for scoring film, TV and game projects as well as producing artist CDs and making film soundtracks, and am truly excited to begin using version 10,” said Chris Brickler, head of production for Xlantic America, music producer, film director and former technology executive who recently produced the Emmy-nominated documentary series HowWillWeLove.com. “I can always count on Sound Forge Pro’s powerful functionality to efficiently handle my complex projects and consistently produce the high-quality results I require. The new features in this version will definitely speed up my workflow allowing me to focus more on the creative aspects of my audio production.”
New Sound Forge Pro 10 Feature Highlights
Key new features in Sound Forge Pro 10 include:
- Event-based editing: Event-based editing is ideal for precise audio mastering, assembling project sketches, or laying out tracks for authoring disc-at-once CDs. In Sound Forge 10, users can quickly move, split, slip, and trim events, create fades, apply ASR envelopes and crossfades within in a single data window for more precise audio control.
- Integrated Disc-at-Once (DAO) CD burning: Integrated disc-at-once CD burning results in time savings and provides a more efficient workflow when generating Red Book compliant disc-at-once premasters of music suitable for professional replication. Perform full PQ code editing, create live-style CDs, add CD text and metadata, and use high-resolution source audio with precise conversion to Red Book audio.
- Zplane elastique Pro Timestretch DirectX() plug-in: The elastique time stretch and pitch shift plug-in provides better sounding audio when processing audio files. Users can also monitor and adjust settings while previewing in real-time, and select from various stretching methods that are tailored to their source audio including Pro, Soloist, and Efficient modes.
- iZotope 64-bit SRC (sample rate conversion) and MBIT+ dither (bit-depth conversion): The iZotope 64-bit SRC utilizes a hybrid low pass filter design, resulting in pristine audio with less aliasing converting material from one sampling rate to another. The iZotope MBIT+ dither employs psychoacoustic methods to distribute noise into less audible ranges, resulting in improved audio and smoother fades when converting the bit rates of audio files.
- Musical instrument file processing (.DLS, .SF2, .GIG): Sound Forge Pro 10 software opens, processes, and saves DLS, GigaStudio/GigaSampler, and SoundFont 2.0 musical instrument files. Users can view bank, instrument, note range, and sample information. Effects and processes can easily be added directly to samples.
- Customizable window layouts: Customizable window layouts are designed to maximize productivity by allowing users to create and save multiple unique interface layout configurations for single and dual monitor systems, and recall a window layout for specific editing tasks such as audio editing, CD layout, and multichannel file editing.
- Mastering Effects Bundle 2 powered by iZotope: The powerful bundle of audio mastering tools included with Sound Forge 10 is valued at over $200 and includes six professional plug-ins to expertly master and enhance audio production: Mastering EQ, Mastering Reverb, Multiband Compressor, Mastering Limiter, Stereo Imager, and Harmonic Exciter.
- Interactive tutorials: Sony Creative Software’s unique interactive tutorials provide walkthrough demonstrations of common features and functionality, including DAO CD burning, vinyl recording and restoration in order to help users spend less time learning and more time editing and mastering audio projects.
Price and Availability
The Sound Forge Pro 10 digital audio production software is now available in English and Japanese from sonycreativesoftware.com and select retailers and e-tailers worldwide. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for Sound Forge Pro 10 software is U.S. $499.