The versatile set-top box delivers a robust line-up of connected services through a variety of connection options, including composite, component, HDMI and WiFi; which gives consumers the ability to upgrade ANY television to a connected television in just seconds.
Compact and stylish to complement any decor, the second-generation Streaming Player uses Sony technology to boost the quality of streaming content for the TV screen. View movies, TV shows, videos and photos on the big screen instead of a PC monitor or listen to music on-demand through a home speaker system with just some clicks of the remote control. With a robust line-up of online movies in HD and 3D, internet radio options and the full array of Sony Entertainment Network (including the Sony 3D Experience), the Streaming Player brings the best of connected television to any screen.
The SMP-N200 also has DLNA capability which allows users to connect and control a network of devices and enjoy music and videos stored on other devices, including a PC or tablet. In addition to the remote control that is included, a free download of the Sony Media Remote app is available for iOS and Android devices, and gives users the option of using a smartphone to control their SMP-N200 Streaming Player.
Price and Availability
The Sony SMP-N200 will be available in the U.S. October 2011 for $99.99.
- Built-in Wi-Fi for easy connectivity to the Internet and wireless home network
- Get online channels and services from the Sony Entertainment Network
- Stream movies and 3D content
- Enjoy better quality online videos with Internet Picture Enhancer
- Boost pictures to near HD quality with Precision Cinema HD Up scaling
- Visit websites and search the Internet using a web browser (display of embedded video or musicnot supported)
- Share personal content via USB
- Easy USB playback with support for HD file formats
- DLNA certified for video, audio and photo streaming
- HDMI, component video output and composite video output ports enable connection to all types of TVs
- Free app for Sony Tablet, Android smartphone, iPhone or iPod Touch for use as remote control
- “Throw” (stream) media contents from your Sony Tablet to the SMP-N200 with the touch of a button
- 3 second start-up time with Quick Start mode
- Easy navigation with the XrossMediaBar menu