Sony Ericsson’s new C905 Cyber-shot camera phone television commercial brings a city to a standstill, as it follows a group of friends who snap and showcase giant high-quality photos for all to see using their 8.1 megapixel camera phone.
Sony Ericsson today reveals its stunning new television commercial for the new C905 Cyber-shot camera phone. The company commissioned professional photographer Matt Stuart to take photos, using the 8.1 megapixel C905 Cyber-shot camera phone, to use in the launch of its new commercial.
A number of enormous photos taken by Matt Stuart using the C905 Cyber-shot camera phone are placed in unusual locations, to show how anyone can experiment and be more spontaneous when taking and exhibiting their photos with this high quality camera phone.
Viewers see a CCTV camera mounted on a traffic light in the city centre. The camera’s mechanical head turns and stops to look at a large picture of a young woman cheekily poking her tongue out.
In another scene, huge pictures of brightly-coloured budgerigars stand high up against the city skyline, and has crowds of passersby stopping to look in wonder.
“The C905 Cyber-shot is a powerful 8.1 megapixel camera phone,” said Sven Totte, Head of Imaging Marketing at Sony Ericsson. “We really wanted to show consumers what is possible with the camera phone and showcase the outstanding picture quality it can deliver. Therefore the images in the commercial were actually taken with a C905 Cyber-shot camera phone.”
Professional photographer Matt Stuart, who took the photos with a C905 Cyber-shot camera phone, said: “To be honest, I was a bit sceptical about the results that a camera phone could achieve, but I was amazed. The C905 Cyber-shot camera phone felt like a camera and handled like one too. I was very impressed with the quality and think this is reflected in the commercial.”
The new C905 Cyber-shot phone
Take your best shot
- Complete digital camera experience on a phone — true digital camera styling and an 8.1 megapixel camera with Xenon flash
- Outstanding picture quality — complete with face detection auto-focus, smart contrast and image stabilizer
- From baby’s first steps to an amazing sunset; store them all on the 2GB Memory Stick Micro (M2) included
- The USB adaptor (CCR-70) provided in-box allows for easy transfer of your photos to-and-from your PC
- View high-quality pictures on the impressive 2.4″ scratch-resistant mineral glass display
- Share your memories — send your photos wirelessly from your phone to your TV via Wi-Fi (using DLNA), or connect with wires using the TV-Out Cable ITC-60
- Upload photos to your own online blogsite or print your photos with fantastic resolution, up to A3 size
- Much more than a camera phone – GPS-enabled for geo-tagging of photos and navigation support
With the new 8.1 megapixel C905 Cyber-shot phone you can show off your shots like never before.
The C905 Cyber-shot will be available in three colours (Night Black, Ice Silver and Copper Gold) in selected markets from Q4 2008. It will support the following networks:
- C905: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 UMTS/HSDPA 2100
- C905a: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 UMTS/HSDPA 850/1900/2100
- C905c: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900