Sony announced the ultra-thin Cyber-shot T series DSC-TX200V digital camera featuring a newly developed 18.2-megapixel “Exmor R” CMOS sensor, the highest-resolution currently offered in the “point and shoot” market, and a new BIONZ processor, which work together to create images and video files with extremely low noise. The advanced model also offers lightning-fast AutoFocus speeds of approximately 0.13 seconds in daytime and 0.25 seconds in low-light situations (speeds may vary based on shooting conditions), helping to ensure you never miss the moment.
Additionally, the TX200V Cyber-shot showcases a new beautiful, reinforced glass design with a large, 3.3-inch (8.3cm) Xtra Fine TruBlack OLED wide touch-screen. It is also water-proof (up to 5m or approx. 16 feet), dust-proof and freeze-proof (up to 14°F), and features a “Photo Creativity” interface that lets users easily adjust creative settings to produce unique, custom-styled photos.
The camera features a new “Extra High Sensitivity” technology, which minimizes unwanted noise in low-light shooting conditions. “Clear Image Zoom” technology boosts optical zoom to 2x virtual capability (i.e. 5x optical zoom to 10x virtual zoom) at full camera resolution.
The DSC-TX200V offers image stabilization during full HD resolution video and still shooting. Using technology borrowed from the Sony Handycam lineup, the “Optical Steady Shot Active Mode” drastically reduces blurring caused by camera shake while on the move.
- 18.2 MP “Exmor R” CMOS sensor
- 26mm equivalent lens with 5x optical zoom, 10x virtual zoom via “Clear Image Zoom” technology
- “Extra High Sensitivity” technology enhances low-light shooting capabilities
- Lightning-fast AF speed of approximately 0.13 second in daylight, 0.25 seconds in low-light (speeds may vary based on shooting conditions)
- Beautiful, slim reinforced glass design with 3.3-inch (8.3cm) Xtra Fine Tru-Black OLED wide touch-screen
- Waterproof (up to 5m,16 feet), dustproof and freeze-proof (up to 14°F)
- Captures 13 MP equivalent still images while shooting video via “Dual-Record”
- Full HD Movie Shooting capability (1920×1080/60p) and Optical SteadyShot Active Mode
- Photo Creativity interface and 9 “Picture Effect” options for creating unique, custom-styled photos and video
Additional notable features include nine “Picture Effect” options for expanded creativity, “Dual Record” capabilities, 3D shooting modes (3D Still Image, 3D Sweep Panorama and Sweep Multi Angle), and fast shooting speeds (10 fps burst mode).
Pricing and Availability
The Sony DSC-TX200V will be available March 2012 in silver, red, and violet for $499.99.