The XBR-HX900 series 3D ready (with the addition of Sony active shutter glasses and transmitter, both sold separately) full HD (1920 x 1080p) models feature Intelligent Dynamic LED backlight and Sony’s new Monolithic Design.
Available for summer 2010, the new models full-array LED backlighting improves contrast and dynamic range by local dimming that controls the LED backlight level by area so that detail is maintained in the dark areas, while other areas are driven near peak brightness. The technology reduces unnecessary light emission resulting in true and deep blacks compared to conventional LED backlit models.
The models also feature Sony’s new ambient sensor that automatically optimizes the TV’s color and brightness according to the room environment and lighting conditions for optimized settings.
Featuring screen sizes including 52-inch (XBR-52HX900) and 46-inches (XBR-46HX900), the model offers four HDMI 1.4 inputs, one component input, one composite input, one component/composite selectable inputs, and a PC input (HD15) with PC/TV picture-in-picture.
The models also feature:
- Full HD (1920 x 1080p) LCD HDTV with Intelligent Dynamic (local dimming) full array LED backlight
- Monolithic Design
- Motionflow PRO 240Hz motion compensation technology
- USB Wireless-LAN adapter for easy wireless network connection (sold separately)
- BRAVIA Internet Video and BRAVIA Internet Widgets
- BRAVIA Engine 3 with Intelligent Image Enhancer
- USB and DLNA photo/music/video playback
- Screen sizes:
- 52-inch XBR-52HX900
- 46-inch XBR-46HX900