Sony just added the BDP-S1700ES Blu-ray 3D player with iPhone/iPod Control to its Elevated Standard (ES) product line. Available next month for about $400, Sony's BDP-S1700ES Blu-ray 3D player features an IR input on the back panel or easy integration with control systems. It also offers built in Wi-Fi (802.11n) for easy access to Sony's BRAVIA Internet Video platform and Sony's new premium video service, Qriocity.
Also, users with an iPhone or iPod touch device can control the player using the free “BD Remote” app available from the Apple App store. The app, which will also be available soon for Android devices, allows the hand-held to function as a remote control and displays Blu-ray Disc details such as jacket artwork, actor, and production information as well as search for related video clips online.
All Sony ES products are supported by a five-year limited manufacturer warranty, a ninety-day advanced exchange program (2-3 day expedited replacement unit), and a dedicated installer support line to San Diego-based CEDIA trained product experts.
BDP-S1700ES Blu-ray 3D Player Features:
- Full HD 1080p single-disc Blu-ray Disc, DVD, CD, SA-CD player
- Blu-ray 3D capable
- BRAVIA Internet Video and Sony's Qriocity
- IR input jack on rear panel for easy control system integration
- Built-in Wi-Fi Wireless (802.11n) with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Entertainment Database Browser with Gracenote technology
- BD Remote (iPhone/iPod touch and Android remote control — free app.)
- Photo/music/video playback via USB and DLNA
- DVD upscaling to 1080p with Precision Cinema HD Upscaling
- Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD Master Audio decoding
- Built-in 1GB Memory
Available in August for $400 at specialty AV retailers and custom installers only. ES products will no longer be offered for sale online or through telesales.Where to Buy