Feature Update Includes More Than $200 in DRM-Free Music from Classical.com, eMusic and LiveDownloads.com
Sonos, Inc., the leading developer of wireless multi-room music systems for the home, today released Sonos System Software 2.6. Sonos 2.6 gives Sonos customers access to free music downloads valued at more than $200, when they register their new or upgrade their existing Sonos Multi-Room Music System. The free one-button software update is available to all Sonos customers and is available now for download.
The Sonos Multi-Room Music System is unique among consumer electronics products because it keeps getting better over time. Sonos’ software updates provide new and existing customers with new features, free trials to music services, free downloads to expand their digital music library, and more.
After customers register or upgrade their system with Sonos 2.6, they will receive more than $200 worth of DRM-free music offers from world-class music partners Classical.com, eMusic and LiveDownloads.com. These offers provide customers with an extensive choice of albums, tracks and concerts. Here is a snapshot of what every registered Sonos customer will receive:
- 3 DRM-free albums (1 classical, 1 jazz and 1 world) from Classical.com. Classical.com is a digital music service with a library dedicated to the latest and greatest classical, jazz, & blues and world music. Browse by composer, genre or country and explore new music with the Classical.com playlists.
- 50 DRM-free music downloads and 1 free audio book from eMusic. eMusic is the world’s largest retailer of independent music, offering more than 3.5 million tracks from thousands of the world’s top independent labels spanning every genre of music.
- 10 full, DRM-free concerts (MP3) from LiveDownloads.com. LiveDownloads is the ultimate download source for live concert recordings. Download last night’s show from hundreds of artists and browse the catalog of more than 100,000 exclusive live tracks.
“We want to connect our customers with the music they love, so they can enjoy it all over the house,” said Phil Abram, President & COO, Sonos, Inc. “By providing free feature updates, their experience continues to get better even after they buy Sonos. Today that means helping our customers build their local music collection with offers from world-class music partners.”
Other new features of Sonos System Software 2.6 include:
- Support for SonosNet 2.0 and MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output) wireless technology
- Support for larger music collections with up to 65,000 tracks stored on a local music collection stored on a PC, Mac or Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices
- Support for NasBasic firmware which allows more than 15 different brands of NAS devices to serve as a local music source
- Support for Apple Computer operating system Mac OS X Leopard
For more information about the features of Sonos Software 2.6, please visit: http://www.sonos.com/support/software_update.aspx
Sonos is the first wireless, multi-room music system that lets you play all the music you want all over your house — and control it all from the palm of your hand. To learn more about Sonos, to place an order or to locate an authorized Sonos dealer, please visit www.sonos.com or call 877.80.SONOS.Where to Buy