- Drop it from up to 6.5 feet onto concrete
- talk for up to 18 hours
- submerge it in water
- leave it outside at -5 to +130 degrees
- cover it in dust
- leave it on a freeway
Sonim Technologies, makers of the world’s toughest Xtreme Performance (XP) rugged phones, today announces that the Sonim XP3 Quest is available at BestBuy.com and select Best Buy Mobile Stores across the United States. The XP3 Quest is the only phone available with an IP67 rating – making it completely dust resistant and waterproof in depths of up to 3.3 feet.
The XP3 Quest is tested to Sonim’s stringent Rugged Performance Standard, developed to ensure the highest standard for rugged phones. For example, the Sonim XP3 Quest:
- provides top-line lithium ion batteries capable of providing 1500 hours of standby time and up to 18 hours of talk time. This is suitable for miners spending days at a time working underground;
- equips all its phones with customised keypads and widely spaced keys that are tested to 500,000 pushes. Construction workers can make calls without removing their gloves;
- has custom speakers capable of producing up to 110db of sound, 45% more than a regular mobile phone. Paramedics can call for assistance despite the noisy sirens overhead.
The XP3 Quest can survive being dropped from up to 6.5 feet onto concrete, submerged in water for up to 30 minutes, and tolerates temperatures from -5 to +130 degrees. The phone has a shock-resistant screen and meets the military-level MIL-810F certification for resistance to humidity, salt, shock and heat. It is equipped with a 2MB camera with built-in flash, assisted GPS, a torch light, an FM radio, a 2GB memory slot, J2ME Java for mobile, an Opera Mini WAP browser and Bluetooth.
“Like all Sonim phones, the XP3 Quest comes with a three unconditional-year guarantee. If anything breaks, the company will replace it,” said Bob Plaschke, CEO of Sonim. “We’ve defined our own set of Rugged Performance Standards that ensure our phones are both tough and useful.”
The Sonim Rugged Performance Standard includes:
- Extra-Long battery life
- Durable keyboard mechanics
- Extra loud speakers
- Protection from dust and micro particles
- Protection from water
- Protection from drops
- Protection from shocks and vibrations
- Protection from extreme temperatures
- Resistant to extreme pressure/crush
- Resistant to punctures
- Resistant to petroleum oil
- Three year unconditional guarantee
Sonim’s XP3 Quest is available unlocked at Best Buy for $399. It is compatible with a wide range of off-the-shelf car kits and headsets and comes with a belt clip, charger and headset.
About Sonim Technologies
Sonim Technologies is the leading provider of premium-quality submersible, ruggedized mobile phones designed and engineered specifically for people who work and play outdoors or in less than pristine industrial environments. Sonim’s XP family of phones feature outstanding craftsmanship, extreme resilience and an industry-leading unconditional three year guarantee that has redefined consumers’ expectations of rugged technology. Sonim also provides a complete end-to-end mobile VoIP platform that delivers high-performance push-to-talk services on GPRS, UMTS, EVDO, WiFi and WiMAX data networks. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, and operates in 16 additional countries.