Rugged and Waterproof with an IP-68 Rating, Large Speaker, Noise-Cancellation Microphone and a High Resolution Screen
Sonim Technologies, Inc. unveiled the new Sonim XP1300 CORE mobile phone, the cornerstone for the company's upcoming line of ultra-rugged phones. The XP1300 CORE represents a breakthrough in waterproofing technology – it's the world's first IP-68 rated GSM handset that's fully submersible in 2 meters of water. It comes equipped with a 2-inch high-resolution, scratch-resistant screen, as well as a noise-cancelling microphone, providing workers with a tough mobile phone that endures the harshest conditions.
Perfect for those in need of a mobile phone they can take anywhere, the CORE's ability to adapt to different environments will give outdoor workers the confidence they require to take their phone beyond urban borders. “The XP1300 CORE, our first product built on our 4th generation rugged platform, raises the toughness stakes once again. It'll be the #1 choice for construction crews, farmers, dock workers and others in tough work environments,” said Bob Plaschke, CEO of Sonim Technologies.
Available worldwide at the beginning of November, the XP1300 CORE is scratch and water resistant, as well as dust proof, keeping workers connected no matter what their surroundings are. Other key features include noise cancellation, waterproof connectors and an improved display protected by Gorilla Glass®. The advanced features of the XP1300 CORE are a direct result of Sonim's experience of shipping approximately a half a million phones over the past four years into the world's most demanding work environments.
Versatile and durable, the XP1300 CORE is designed to withstand the most strenuous conditions, meeting US MIL-810G certification for salt, fog, humidity, transport shock, and thermal shock. Additionally, Sonim has added a fiberglass mix to the phone's housing plus a Gorilla Glass® lens to give users the confidence to truly take it anywhere.
The XP1300 CORE adapts to the worker's environment. The noise-cancelling microphone keeps calls clear in the presence of loud machinery and the larger, higher resolution display offers outstanding visibility in outdoor conditions.
Lasts for Days
Delivering more than just rugged looks and durability, the XP1300 CORE boasts 18 hours of Talk Time and 800 hours of Standby Time in temperatures ranging from -20 degrees C to +55 degrees C.
XP1300 Product Specifications:
- Tested and Proven Rugged – IP-68 Rating/MIL-810G Certified
- IP-68 Submersible to 2 Meters for 30 Minutes – Protected against rain, fog and salt air
- Impact Proof – Withstands 2 meter drops onto concrete
- Screen Toughness – Gorilla Glass® lens for extreme shock and scratch resistance
- Long Battery Life – Up to 18 hours of Talk Time and 800 hours of Standby
- Noise Cancellation – Omni-directional microphone with noise cancellation
- IP-68 Impervious to Dust and Micro-Particles – Non-porous casing blocks entry of micro-particles
- Ready for Extreme Temperatures – Works in environments ranging from -20 degrees C to +55 degrees C
- Tough Materials – Dual injected shell (hardened rubber, fiberglass mix)
- Accessible Keypad – widely-spaced keys for ease of use with gloved hands
- Loud Audio – 23mm speaker, protected by a GORE® cover
- Multimedia Player – Video and MP3
Backed by Sonim's industry-leading 3-Year Comprehensive Warranty, the Sonim XP1300 CORE is a professional tool with the reliability in rugged environments that workers and employers need to minimize downtime.
Pricing and Availability
The XP1300 CORE will be available worldwide at the beginning of November for $399 (unlocked).