Simaudio just introduced the MOON Neo 260D CD Transport with optional digital-to-analog converter, which offers 32-bit processing engine, upsampling capabilities, oversized power supplies and elaborate analog stages. The DAC section, entirely optional, can easily be added later on.
For music enthusiasts who simply want to play their CD’s, the Neo 260D is the perfect solution. Borrowing much of its technology from the more exotic and costlier Evolution series 650D, while incorporating the latest advancements in digital audio, the 260D extracts every last musical detail from the disc. Adding the 32-bit DAC allows for direct streaming of music from your computer, enjoying satellite movie channels with the audio fidelity of your music system and listening to Blu-Ray movies with the same fervor as your music collection. The Neo 260D is destined to provide for many years of musical enjoyment and total satisfaction.
MOON Neo 260D Significant Design Features:
- Proprietary CD drive system mounted on our M-Quattro gel-based 4-point floating suspension for vibration damping, allowing ambient & spatial cues in your recordings to come to life like never before
- Two (2) digital outputs: S/PDIF and AES/EBU
- RS-232 port for full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and firmware updates; IR input for external control
- SimLink controller port allows for 2-way communications between other compatible MOON components
With 32-bit DAC:
- A virtually jitter-free “1 picosecond” digital clocking system resulting in ultra-low distortion
- True 32-bit asynchronous Digital-to-Analog converter
- Four (4) digital inputs (S/PDIF x 2, TosLink x 1 & USB x 1) allowing for use with virtually any digital source
Price and Availability
The Simaudio MOON Neo 260D is available now in black, silver or 2-tone for $2,000 USD; Add $1,000 for the optional 32-bit digital-to-analog converter.