Simaudio Ltd. proudly introduces the MOON W-8 Amplifier. A balanced differential dual-mono design, the W-8 is capable of driving virtually any loudspeaker to its maximum capabilities. Producing 250 watts per channel into 8 ohms (500 wpc into 4 ohms and 1000 wpc into 2 ohms) the MOON W-8 has lightning fast transients and timbral accuracy that has to be heard to be believed. This impressive milestone is the result of a combination of extensive R&D yielding new proprietary technologies and the use of the very finest electronic parts available. To push the envelope even further, the MOON W-8 can be fully integrated into a custom-install environment and provides for a plethora of user selectable cosmetic options.
Significant Design Features:
- An oversized power supply.
- Full unsolicited RS-232 bidirectional feedback.
- Lynx circuitry which is a “no overall feedback” design resulting in real-time amplification, a more accurate musical reproduction with respect to tonality, virtually non-existent intermodulation distortion and the elimination of common phase errors resulting from feedback.
- Custom proprietary toroidal transformer design with lower magnetic, electrical and thermal loss, yielding an improved power transfer and lower regulation factor. The result is increased current speed and better dynamics.
- 12 Volt trigger for remote operations.
- “Class A” output to 5 watts for greater efficiency.
- Precision matched Bipolar output devices for superb linearity throughout the entire audio frequency spectrum.
- A high damping factor yielding superior musical dynamics, improved signal speed and refined timbre accuracy.
- C4 Aesthetics: 24 end-user selectable cosmetics combinations: the MOON Logo can be chrome (standard), gold or pewter; leg cones can be chrome (standard) or gold; Front panel cheeks can be silver (standard) or black; Brushed/Anodized front face-plate can be silver or black.
- A very short capacitor-free signal path for a faster transient response.
- Pure copper circuit board tracings with extremely low impedance characteristics.
- Extremely rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations.
- Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design.
The MOON W-8 will have an MSRP of $9,200.00 USD.
Scheduled date of availability – February 2005