Simaudio Ltd. proudly introduces the MOON SuperNova CD Player. A fully-balanced differential design housed in a single chassis, the SuperNova raises the bar on the CD Red Book digital standard, producing an astonishing level of sonic performance with no equal in its price range. This achievement is the result of a combination of extensive R&D yielding new proprietary technologies and the use of the very finest electronic parts available. To push the envelope even further, the SuperNova can be fully integrated into a custom-install environment and provides for a plethora of user selectable cosmetic options.
“Celebrating 25 Years of Excellence”
Significant Design Features:
- Internal 24-bit/352.8kHz digital audio processing.
- Ultra high-perfromance 24-bit “Digital To Analog” conversion.
- Full unsolicited RS-232 bidirectional feed back.
- Fully balanced differential circuit design.
- Digital input for use as a digital-to-analog converter with either a digital music server or another source.
- S/PDIF and AES/EBU digital outputs for added flexibility.
- Separate digital & analog power supplies using two independent toroidal transformers.
- A very precise 25PPM digital clocking circuit.
- Power supply voltage regulation includes I2DCf (Independent Inductive DC Filtering); 1 inductor for each and every chip (i.e. OpAmp, DAC, Digital Filter, etc.) in the audio circuit’s signal path.
- C4 Aesthetics: 24 end-user selectable cosmetics combinations: the MOON Logo can be chrome (standard), gold or pewter; leg cones can be chrome (standard) or gold; Front panel cheeks can be silver (standard) or black; Brushed/Anodized front face-plate can be silver or black.
- A capacitor-free signal path using a DC servo circuit.
- Proprietary 6db/octave analog filter.
- Four-layer PCB tracings with dedicated ground and power planes. The advantages include better ground and power supply circuit layouts resulting in a much shorter signal path and a vastly improved signal-to-noise ratio.
- Extremely rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations.
- Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design.
The MOON SuperNova will have an MSRP of $4,500.00 USD.
Scheduled date of availability – August 2005