Simaudio Ltd. proudly introduces the MOON i-7 Integrated Amplifier. A fully-balanced dual-mono design, the i-7 produces a high-current rock-solid 150 watts per channel into 8 ohms with absolutely no sonic colorations. A genuine non-compromising solution for those who don’t require separate component systems. To push the envelope even further, the i-7 can be fully integrated into a custom-install environment and provides for a plethora of user selectable cosmetic options.
“Celebrating 25 Years of Excellence”
Significant Design Features:
- Full unsolicited RS-232 bidirectional feed back.
- Custom proprietary toroidal transformer design with lower magnetic, electrical and thermal loss, yielding an improved power transfer and lower regulation factor. The result is increased current speed and better dynamics.
- Lynx circuitry which is a “no overall feed back” design resulting in real-time amplification, a more accurate musical reproduction with respect to tonality, virtually non-existent intermodulation distortion and the elimination of common phase errors resulting from feed back.
- An oversized dual-mono power supply.
- Connectivity includes 5 line-level inputs, a monitor loop and preamplifier output.
- M-Lock circuit for “user selectable” maximum volume setting lock-out for each line input.
- Individual “gain offset” for each individual line input with a ±9dB range.
- C4 Aesthetics: 24 end-user selectable cosmetics combinations: the MOON Logo can be chrome (standard), gold or pewter; leg cones can be chrome (standard) or gold; Front panel cheeks can be silver (standard) or black; Brushed/Anodized front face-plate can be silver or black.
- Each line input is configurable to be “home-theater ready”, where the preamplifier section of the i-7 is bypassed.
- Precision matched Bipolar output devices for superb linearity throughout the entire audio frequency spectrum.
- Four-layer PCB tracings for the preamplification section with dedicated ground and power planes. The advantages include better circuit layouts resulting in a much shorter signal path and a vastly improved signal-to-noise ratio.
- 12 Volt trigger for remote operations.
- “Class A” amplification power output to 5 watts for greater efficiency.
- A very short capacitor-free signal path for a faster transient response.
- Extremely rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations.
- Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design.
The MOON i-7 will have an MSRP of $4,500.00 USD.
Scheduled date of availability – August 2005