Simaudio Ltd. proudly introduces the MOON Andromeda CD Player. A fully-balanced differential design housed in two separate chassis, the Andromeda represents an “all-out assault” on the CD Red Book digital standard, producing a level of sonic performance with no equal. Quite simply, the MOON Andromeda raises the bar to previously unattainable levels. This colossal achievement is the result of a combination of extensive R&D yielding new proprietary technologies and the use of the very finest electronic parts available. To push the envelope even further, the MOON Andromeda can be fully integrated into a custom-install environment and provides for a plethora of user selectable cosmetic options.
Significant Design Features:
- Internal 24-bit/352.8kHz upsampling using BurrBrown DF1704 Digital Filter with 8X oversampling.
- Four precision-matched 24-bit BurrBrown PCM1704U-K “Digital To Analog” converters.
- Full unsolicited RS-232 bidirectional feedback.
- Digital input for use as a digital-to-analog converter with either a digital music server or external transport.
- Custom proprietary toroidal transformer design with lower magnetic, electrical and thermal loss, yielding an improved power transfer and lower regulation factor. The result is increased current speed and better dynamics.
- Separate digital and analog power supplies housed in an external chassis.
- Philips CD-Pro 2-M transport mechanism mounted on our new gel-based Delta suspension.
- Alpha Clocking Circuit with PLL synchronization yielding a very precise 5PPM digital clocking circuit.
- Power supply voltage regulation includes I2DCf (Independent Inductive DC Filtering); 1 inductor for each and every chip (i.e. OpAmp, DAC, Digital Filter, etc.) in the audio circuit’s signal path — 56 stages in all.
- C4 Aesthetics: 24 end-user selectable cosmetics combinations: the MOON Logo can be chrome (standard), gold or pewter; leg cones can be chrome (standard) or gold; Front panel cheeks can be silver (standard) or black; Brushed/Anodized front face-plate can be silver or black.
- Top loading drawer with custom design disc clamping system for improved stability and long term reliability.
- A capacitor-free signal path using a DC servo circuit and proprietary 6db/octave analog filter.
- Four-layer PCB tracings; 1 on top for ground plane, 1 on the bottom for power circuitry and 2 in middle for the audio signals. The advantages include better ground and power supply circuit layouts resulting in a much shorter signal path and dramatically improved signal-to-noise ratio.
- Extremely rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations.
- Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design.
The MOON Andromeda will have an MSRP of $9,800.00 USD.
Scheduled date of availability – February 2005