Sherbourn has announced the SR-120 7.1-channel (with pre-outs) A/V Receiver in a 4U high rack mountable chassis. The SR-120 home theater receiver has an identical feature set as the PT-7020 Pre/Pro/Tuner (less the balanced output section) with the addition of seven channels of amplification and a huge toroidal transformer.
The SR-120 provides a fully complimentary, Class A/B discrete design with maximum power, no distortion and lots of headroom. The left, center and right channels are rated at 120/175 Watts into 8/4 Ohms and the two rear and two side channels are rated at 75/100 Watts into 8/4 Ohms. A robust, analog power supply with a massive torroidal transformer ensures power is distributed when needed. The SR-120 can be configured into five channels leaving the remaining two channels for zone two. Alternatively, an external amplifier can be used for the second zone. Rackmount ears are available for a small extra charge.
The SR-120 receiver is remarkable for both performance and features. Sherbourn has incorporated twin Cirrus® 32-bit dual core DSPs and precise signal management for high resolution audio. Video features include HDMI 1.3b compliance and intuitive on-screen controllability. The SR-120 combines an ST-Genesis® Torino high performance scaling engine with Vixen software as well as Faroujda DCDi® processing.
The Sherbourn room EQ offers precise cinema setup, allowing each speaker to set individual crossover, trim and 11-bands of equalization. The SR-120 on screen display makes fine tuning audio or video adjustments easy, because the menu can be accessed over the current viewing program. That means you can adjust contrast while watching whatever is on the screen.
- Decoding support for Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital True HD, Dolby PLIIx, DTS, DTSES, DTS HD, DTS Master Audio, DTS Neo 6, SPDIF, PCM 8 channel , true processing up to 196kHz
- Twin Cirrus® 32 bit dual core DSPs
- Multi-channel Dolby Volume. Genesis/ST® Torino high performance scaling engine featuring a full implementation of the Faroudja DCDi image processing suite
- Sherbourn, full color graphical OSD with adjustable transparency presented over live video, including HDMI
- Front panel surround mode indicator lights
- RS-232 two way communications for independent computer control
- Sherbourn automatic multi-channel room correction and loudspeaker setup. Calibrated measurement microphone is included.
- Quadruple bass manager with independently selectable high and low pass frequencies from 40 Hz – 250 Hz, in 5 or 10Hz increments.
- The PT-7020A also utilizes a balanced output section. A balanced system minimizes noise that may enter the processor via external input cables. Especially in cases where very long lengths of cable are being used, balanced connections offer excellent induced noise rejection
- Selectable 12db or 24db per octave high pass and low pass filters by channel groupings
- Independent 11-band graphic EQ with global bass and treble controls by channel groupings Balanced subwoofer output
- All legacy video inputs can be scaled and output over HDMI at up to 1080p 1080p/24 fps video support
- Video pass-through mode with 12 bit compatibility
- HDMI sources can be format converted to component video up to 1080i
- HDMI 1.3a Deep Color compliant
- Assignable inputs featuring input labeling, selectable decode modes, selectable triggers, etc. 0.5dB level trims on all channels
- High voltage, low impedance main analog outputs for uncompromised dynamic headroom
- 1 – IR output (3.5mm mini)
- 1 – Microphone input (3.5mm stereo mini)
- 1 – USB data input (for software upgrades only)
|Rated power||125-watts x 3, 75-watts x 4 @ 8 ohms
175-watts x 3, 100-watts x 4 @ 4 ohms
With no more than 0.05% THD.
From 20 Hz – 20KHz all channels driven.
|Signal to noise ratio||110 dB/ A weighted|
|Input impedance||40 K ohms|
|Dynamic headroom||1.3 dB|
|Power supply||120v/60Hz or 230v/50Hz (selectable)|
|Dimensions||17″ W x 14.5″ D x 7″ H|
|Carton weight||77 lbs.|
Price and Availability
The Sherbourn SR-120 is expected to begin shipping in late September 2010 for $3,500 MSRP.