Newly Developed “Four-Wavelength Backlight (Blue, Green, Red + Crimson)”*1 Faithfully Reproduces Pure Red
Sharp Corporation announces the introduction into the Japanese market of seven new AQUOS G Series models including 45V-, 37V- and 32V-inch*2 models featuring a newly developed Four-Wavelength Backlight*1 that faithfully reproduces pure red by adding the wavelength of “crimson” to blue, green and red.
The LC-45GE2 45V-inch model features a full-spec high-definition LCD panel with resolution of 1,920 H x 1,080 V pixels that can precisely display Hi-Vision (high definition) signals (1080i) such as digital broadcasting exactly as broadcast, enabling users to enjoy beautiful, life-like, high-definition images.
In addition to outstanding features deriving from its high-resolution, low-reflection Advanced Super View LCD panel, these models also reproduce high-speed full-motion video such as sports programs with bright, clear, easy-to-view images thanks to Sharp’s QS (Quick Shoot) Technology that improves moving video responsiveness. Also, Sharp’s High-Aperture Speaker System*3 and highly rated 1-Bit Digital Amplifier*1 deliver clear, natural, high-resolution sound. These models also offer a wealth of input/output jacks, including an HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) input jack*3 and DVI (Digital Visual Interface) input jack*1, allowing users to enjoy digital video by connecting a DVD player or other audio/video equipment.
These models are designed with full attention to environmental considerations, including low power consumption, which users have come to expect from LCD TVs, and the use of materials optimized for recycling. These models are being offered as the flat-panel TVs of the future that far surpass other video systems in screen size, color reproduction, environmental performance and design.
New model names: LC-45GE2 LC-37GD6 LC-32GD6 LC-37GD7 LC-32GD7 LC-26GD6 LC-22GD6
1. Newly developed Four-Wavelength Backlight*1 faithfully reproduces pure red by adding “crimson” to blue, green and red.
2. A full-spec high-definition LCD panel with 1,920 H x 1,080 V resolution precisely displays Hi-Vision content exactly as broadcast (LC-45GE2).
3. Crisp, clear sound thanks to a high-aperture speaker system*3 and Sharp’s proprietary 1-Bit digital amplifier*1.
4. A wealth of input/output jacks as standard equipment, including an HDMI input jack*3 and DVI input jack*1.
5. Environmentally friendly design such as low power consumption, long service life, the use of halogen-free materials, etc.
*1 Provided on LC-45GE2, LC-37GD6/7 and LC-32GD6/7 models only.
*2 “V-inch” is a measure of the true size of the flat TV screen, standardizing on the length of the diagonal dimension of the actual viewing area.
*3 Provided on LC-45GE2, LC-37GD6/7, LC-32GD6/7 and LC-26GD6 models only.