Photo: Sharp LC-46D78UN
Affordable LCD TVs in screen sizes from 32 to 52-inches
Sharp Electronics just introduced the D78 and D68 AQUOS LCD TV series, rounding out a lineup of new Full-HD 1080p LCD TVs that offer optimal performance at competitive price points. The D78 series includes 52- (52 1/32″ diagonal), 46- (45 63/64″ diagonal) and 40-inch (40″ diagonal) screen class sizes, while the D68 series touts 40- (40″ diagonal) and 32-inch (31 1/2″ diagonal) screen class sizes.
“As we continue to expand our high-definition home entertainment offerings, it’s important that we incorporate two of Sharp’s key competencies: eco-friendly design and superior picture quality,” said Bob Scaglione, senior vice president and group manager, Product and Marketing Group, Sharp. “The D78 and D68 AQUOS series provide high energy efficiency and enhanced picture quality in an affordable package.”
Both series use a high-performance Full HD 1080p LCD panel with a detailed and vibrant picture. The D78 series also includes Sharp’s Fine Motion Enhanced technology for 120Hz Frame Rate conversion.
Contributing to its eco-friendly design, Sharp’s Optical Picture Control (OPC) automatically adjusts the TV’s luminance to suit the room’s brightness. The new models are also compliant with ENERGY STAR Version 4.0 criteria, making them an energy efficient choice for today’s home. They feature a classical piano black design to complement any home decor and an included table stand easily removes for wall mounting applications.
- HDMI inputs
- Two 1080p component video input
- Dedicated PC input transforms the TV into a PC monitor
Pricing and Availability
- The LC-52D78UN will be available in March for a MSRP of $1,799.99.
- The LC-46D78UN will be available in March for a MSRP of $1,299.99.
- The LC-40D78UT will be available in March for a MSRP of $899.99.
- The LC-40D68UT will be available in March for a MSRP of $799.99.
- The LC-32D68UT will be available in May for a MSRP of $699.99.