Industry’s First*1 Blu-ray Disc Player to Record High-Definition TV
Sharp Corporation introduces into the Japanese market the BD-HP1 Blu-ray Disc Player, which has a Hybrid Recording function that works with the AQUOS LCD TV*2 iLink connection to allow recording of high-definition programs on Blu-ray Disc (BD-RE)*3, an industry first.
With the ability to record high-definition images from video software and digital broadcasting sources and give high-definition, high-resolution images and high sound quality superior to that of DVD, the Blu-ray Disc is expected to become an indispensable part of the high-definition equation.
The BD-HP1 is one more way to enjoy the AQUOS Fami-link, a setup that combines the AQUOS LCD TV and AV equipment to provide entertainment. This player is installed with the industry’s first Hybrid Recording function, allowing users to record high-definition programs received by the AQUOS’ digital tuner through i.LINK. The player also has the Easy BD Dubbing function, which allows users to transfer programs recorded by an existing AQUOS HD Recorder*4 to Blu-ray Disc without losing the high-definition quality. Sharp is promoting this player as a new product genre that enables users to easily record onto Blu-ray Discs from the AQUOS LCD TV and the AQUOS HD Recorder.
The BD-HP1 is just the beginning of a string of products that Sharp will bring out to give consumers new ways to enjoy high-definition images by combining Blu-ray Discs with the AQUOS LCD TV.
|Product name||Blu-ray Disc Player|
|Suggested retail price||Open|
|Date of introduction||March 20, 2007|
|Monthly production||3,000 units|
- Hybrid Recording function allows recording of high-definition programs onto Blu-ray Discs from the AQUOS LCD TV via the Fami-link home entertainment network, an industry first.
- The Easy BD Dubbing function enables users to dub transfer*3 programs recorded on hard disks to Blu-ray Discs through the connection with an AQUOS HD Recorder.
- The 1080p-compatible image engine allows users to watch Blu-ray Discs in high image quality on the AQUOS LCD TV.
*1 As of February 14, 2007
*2 Limited to connections with AQUOS LCD TVs equipped with an i.LINK terminal.
*3 Only single-layer BD-RE Discs without cartridge can be recorded on.
*4 Limited to connections with AQUOS HD Recorders sold since February 2004
|Recordable discs||BD-RE Ver. 2.1 single-layer type|
|Playable discs||BD video, BD-RE Ver. 2.1 single-layer type, BD-R Ver. 1.1 single-layer type, DVD video, DVD-RW/-R (video format finalized), DVD-RAM*5, DVD+RW/+R (video format finalized), standard audio CDs, CD-RW/-R (audio CD format)|
|Recording compression method (BD-RE/-R) Video||MPEG2|
|Recording compression method (BD-RE/-R) Audio||MPEG2 AAC|
|Video digital-to-analog converter||12-bit/148.5MHz|
|Audio digital-to-analog converter||24-bit/192kHz|
|External dimensions (W x D x H)||434 x 343 x 68 mm (17.1″ x 13.5″ x 2.7″) (not including protruding parts)|
|Approx. weight||4.4 kg (9.7 lbs)|
|Power supply||100 V AC, 50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption||30 W (0.8 W standby)*
*Instant-On function OFF
*5 When using a DVD-RAM disk, the playback disk must be removed from cartridge.
*6 All recording times are rough estimates.
- Blu-ray Disc and the Blu-ray Disc logo are trademarks.
- i.LINK is a trademark.
- HDMI, the HDMI logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC.
- Dolby and Dolby Digital are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
- DTS is a registered trademark of DTS, Inc.
- Java and all other Java trademarks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All Java technology used in this product was jointly developed by Sharp and Sun Microsystems, Inc.