Sharp Corporation will introduce into the Japanese market the 16-model AQUOS DX Series (including 52V-, 46V-, 42V-, 37V-, 32V-, and 26V-inch2 models), the world’s first1 series of LCD TVs equipped with Blu-ray Disc Recorders.
Consumers can experience a new TV entertainment lifestyle by not only watching TV, but also playing Blu-ray Discs and DVDs and recording in HD on Blu-ray Discs, all with a single unit.
Complicated connecting cables are unnecessary thanks to the all-in-one design and the single remote control achieves a new level of simple, easy operability for all consumers. For example, consumers can navigate the TV-viewing, disc-playing, recording, and pre-set record functions all with just one action, and the newly developed Motion Guide offers “one-shot” disc playing by playing discs automatically when they are inserted.
As for recording and playing media, the Digital W Tuner lets consumers record programs while watching TV, and the H.264/AVC (Advanced Video Coding) standard of the MPEG-4 suite enables 5X extended HD video recording (5X Mode3), which allows for extended recording time while retaining the same exact full-HD quality as the original high-definition broadcast. The DX Series also features 2X Mode and 3X Mode with Full-Capture Extended HD Recording, which allows recording of audio surround-sound data and extended HD recording while keeping intact the program data links embedded in the original video4.
The TV itself is made from a high-class, high-quality Kameyama LCD panel5 that achieves a remarkable feeling of depth and delivers high-gradation images with smooth picture quality. Plus, the DX Series comes complete with Sharp’s 1-Bit digital amp to faithfully recreate original sounds and its side-port Bass Reflex Speaker to deliver powerful deep bass sounds from a compact sound system.
Sharp, always at the forefront of the flat-panel TV industry with AQUOS, now offers a new kind of product that incorporates the best in image quality, sound quality, design, and environmental performance to provide consumers with an all-encompassing entertainment experience.
- World’s first LCD TV with built-in Blu-ray Disc Recorder
- New Motion Guide enables controlling functions while watching TV
- Smooth picture quality of a Kameyama LCD panel combined with the superior sound of Sharp’s proprietary 1-Bit digital amp
- Three color variations to match different interiors
- Environmentally friendly, energy-efficient design
- As of October 15, 2008 for digital HD LCD TVs with built-in Blu-ray Disc Recorders.
- “V-inch” is a measure of the true size of the flat TV screen, standardizing on the length of the diagonal dimension of the actual viewing area.
- 5X mode (approx. 4.8 Mbps) allows the user to record high-definition BS/110°CS digital broadcasts for five times as long as DR mode. (When using a 50 GB [single-sided, dual-layer] disc, approximately 21 hours and 40 minutes can be recorded.)
- Except when using 5X Mode. When using 5X mode, audio surround-sound data can be retained and recorded without conversion, however, the program link data cannot be recorded.
- 52V-, 46V-, 42V-, and 37V-inch models are built with full-HD LCD panels; 32V- and 26V-inch models are built with HD LCD panels.