Industry’s First Lamp Selection System With 24/7 Continuous Operation and Advanced Projector Maintenance Functions
- SANYO’s new PLC-XTC50L has two lamps and automatically switches between them to
- prevent interruption of projectors use in extended use educational and business presentations
- Newly designed dual lamp system provides up to 6000 hours of use, dramatically reducing lamp maintenance, and is capable of managing time for each lamp
- SANYO’s exclusive PJ-Net manages a lamp switch timer to change lamps every 24 hours for 24/7 applications
- Easier maintenance with exclusive Active Maintenance Filter System
- Vertical/Horizontal lens shifting and Keystone Correction allows the PLC-XTC50Lto be used in virtually any location
SANYO, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of projectors introduces the PLC-XTC50L, a unique 3LCD projector for the education and business presentations market, incorporates a dual lamp system, advanced easy-maintenance functions and continuous (24/7) operations.
Lamp Selection System
The PLC-XTC50L features the industry’s first Lamp Selection System, which automatically selects one of two lamps to project from, and switches lamps based on user preference or preprogrammed settings. Management of the projection time for each lamp is dependent on the mode selected. The “Alternating Mode” allows a rotating pattern that alternates the two lamps’ use time, while the “Relay Mode” uses one lamp continuously then switches lamps when the first one is no longer usable.
The PLC-XTC50L also utilizes an advanced optical engine technology, capable of realizing a high quality of light stability. Additionally, the use of a high precision optical axis adjustment technology that was developed for this 2-lamp system enables the mirror to automatically select the lamp using a control motor.
Regardless of mode, the PLC-XTC50’s lamp selection system makes approximately 6,000 hours of projection possible without lamp replacement, which is twice as long as conventional one-lamp models. This innovative lamp system eliminates the need to stock up spare lamps far in advance because when the first lamp is fully used, the next is already loaded, allowing for seamless presentations and longer projection life. Additionally, when it is time to replace a lamp, coin screws are used to facilitate their replacement without using any tools.
Continuous 24/7 Operations
SANYO’s exclusive PJ-Net Organizer (optional) has a new function allowing it to act as a lamp switch timer. It can be set for a specific time or date, which instructs the projector to switch lamps once every 24 hours. Once you set the timer with PJ-Net, the lamp switches on/off automatically. This function is particularly useful for any 24/7 application including control rooms, digital signage, advertisements, and information boards.
Active Maintenance Filter
In an effort to further provide high reliability and easy maintenance, the PLC-XTC50Lis equipped with SANYO’s exclusive Active Maintenance Filter (AMF), which detects air blocks or clogs, then scrolls a filter cartridge to the next clean filter. There are ten filters included in every cartridge, dramatically lowering maintenance and the time required to check and change filters.
Installation and operation is quick and fast due to the PLC-XTC50’s Vertical/Horizontal Lens Shifting and Keystone Correction, permitting advanced installation versatility. The vertical shift provides a maximum adjustment of +50% with the horizontal shift providing a maximum adjustment of +15%. The Keystone Correction range is +40 degrees vertically and +20 degrees horizontally, which allows the projector to be installed at an angle in relation to the screen. In fact, it can be installed at any 360-degree angle and still function properly.
The elegant, center-lens design promotes easier mounting and adjustments when the projector is attached to the ceiling, plus the white chassis with rounded corners creates a feeling of space and integrates well with its surroundings. An additional key feature for presenters is the Mechanical Shutter, which completely blocks the lamp’s light when not in use — preventing it from entering a presenter’s eyes.
“The Sanyo PLC-XTC50L is designed to be the most reliable LCD Projector in the world,” says Mark Holt, the Vice President and General Manager for SANYO’s Presentation Technologies Division. “With the release of this projector’s unique automatic lamp selection system, advanced inorganic optical components, and Active Maintenance Filter system, we are demonstrating how SANYO continues to provide new ways to meet the needs of the market.”
- Resolution: 1024 x 768
- Brightness: 5000 ANSI Lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 1100:1
- Uniformity: 90%
- Lamp type: 330W NSHA lamps (x2)
- Screen size: 30 to 300 inches
- Video Inputs: DVI-D w/HDCP, D-Sub15 pin, BNC 5-pin type (Y, Pb, Pr or RGB), Composite (RCA) and S-Video Mini DIN 9-pin
- Video output: D-Sub15 pin, BNC 3-type
- Audio Inputs: Left and Right Audio (RCA x 2), 3.5mm jack (and output)
- Audio Output: RCA x1 (for computer or video)
- Other connections: USB (B series), wired remote control, PJ Net Organizer Connector
- Dimensions: 17.75″ W x 6.9″ H x 21.65″ D.
- Weight: 32.4 lbs.
The PLC-XTC50L will be available in January 2009 at an MSRP of only $7,495.00.Where to Buy